Here is the 2018 10 speed auto gas mileage

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
My buddies Corvette gets 32 on highway.
Cylinder deactivation + better aero.

But still, 32 is damn impressive for that big ass V8. Mixed driving I average 15-18mpg. Coyote is one thirsty dog.
Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
$53k?!?!?!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

My buddies Corvette gets 32 on highway.
Yeah, if the conditions are right. Like said above cylinder deactivation, the fact it doesn't weigh a lot, good aero, driving at 60 mph, all highway. I don't doubt it. But if you read my post after that, I was mainly talking about 30 average(city/highway). Corvette averages more like 20. Not much better than the Mustang.

Can't believe this thread was even started. We are discussing mpg ratings on high performance cars with thirsty v8s. What's the point?

lostlocalhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EBP PP MR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Davefzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Maybe someone can shed some light on this. If the ecoboost is high 20's/low 30's and the GT350 is low 20's. What is this?

Found on the 2018 mustang configurator.
gtspecs.png

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Maybe someone can shed some light on this. If the ecoboost is high 20's/low 30's and the GT350 is low 20's. What is this?

Found on the 2018 mustang configurator.
It says 18/27 for all of the Mustangs on the configurator. It's a bug.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Your engine will last longer. Unless they are now manufacturing engine components with ethanol gas in mind.
They have been manufacturing for ethanol use for years now. This is coming from the people who make the fuel systems.

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Considering the car is now making +25 more HP, most likely picked up a little more weight, i'd say not too bad. Manuals should pick up a few more MPG. That price on the other hand... can't say I never imagined a regular Mustang GT being in the 50's.
The MY 2013-14' automatic got better mpg in tbe city, at 18, and the same Hwy. The 10 spd did nothing for mpg's. The car is gaining 40-125 lbs base to premium coupe, for lots of new standard equipment. And it did not gain 25 hp if comparing Apples to Apples, Camaro SS and Dodge Chally. It gained 15-20 hp. They all rate their power on 89/91 octane. Ford, unfortunately, to make it look good, rates their power on a Michigan 93/94 mix.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The car most likely gained weight as well. That explains why the mpg is still lower. I m guessing the aero got better so the cd drag coefficient is lower. With that kind of pricing Ford better puts lot of aluminum and lowers the weight. It might be a surprise if the car looses weight but the mpg says otherwise.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Cylinder deactivation + better aero.

But still, 32 is damn impressive for that big ass V8. Mixed driving I average 15-18mpg. Coyote is one thirsty dog.
My c6 saw 30 MPG on the regular... No Cylinder Deactivation

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My c6 saw 30 MPG on the regular... No Cylinder Deactivation
Same for mine highway if i was easy and no stop and go. But i avg around 15 in the city, but it is still better then my 2015 GT was as it was around 12mpg.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
Good article on MT about aero improvements for mpg and high speed stability: http://www.motortrend.com/news/bett...9dbe35404d301440d31155e&utm_medium&utm_source

"...while the underside of the Mustang had been open before, there’s now a panel that bridges the gap from the engine shield all the way back to the fuel tank that improves aero, as well as potentially lessening cabin noise. The end result, they say, is a car that drives much better at high speeds. They wouldn’t give us figures to compare, but they claim owners will notice a significant difference on the racetrack."
:cool:

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I have seen 28MPG on long highway 6th gear road trips - we're talking full to empty full tank running for a LONG time...I don't know that you're going to see anything substantially better with the Coyote

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Good article on MT about aero improvements for mpg and high speed stability: http://www.motortrend.com/news/bett...9dbe35404d301440d31155e&utm_medium&utm_source

"...while the underside of the Mustang had been open before, there’s now a panel that bridges the gap from the engine shield all the way back to the fuel tank that improves aero, as well as potentially lessening cabin noise. The end result, they say, is a car that drives much better at high speeds. They wouldn’t give us figures to compare, but they claim owners will notice a significant difference on the racetrack."
:cool:
This part of the same paragraph doesn't sound right since the current GT PP already has a splitter. Edit to correct: The pictures show that the new PP splitter is changed from the current PP splitter.

They also told him that thanks to the new Performance Pack’s rear spoiler, they had to add the front splitter to keep the car balanced at speed.
The pictures of "on their side" 18 GT PP cars show what looks like a new profile compared to the current splitter and also do not include the new shield . . . which could be for "show and tell". I wonder where the heat will go? Note that the black plastic cover under the driver side of the display cars is on the current car also.

Here is a Ford press release on this subject. https://media.ford.com/content/ford...pe-improved-handling-and-efficiency-in-n.html
Sponsored

Last edited: