Hennessey's 717bhp supercharged 2015 Mustang

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
While I'm at work people always post shit on my wall. This was one of those things. The other was about the possibility of the Ford GT coming back...from different people LOL all my FB friends have been enduring my Mustang saga just as long as I have. I would buy this before a Roush or Saleen.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Edit: unless it catches Fire, or the GT 350 is the same price. I was assuming from the article the $60k included the base car.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Hennesey Mustang 10.9 sec???

I did check again because someone posted the 10.9 sec to the 1/4 mile are done on street tires. No there are not. Hennessy made already a HPE 650/700 with the S197 (guess they only swap the parts to the coyote engine).

[ame]

For me it looks like the FORD Racing Team did a good job to run in 10.72 sec. with the same outfit in the 2015 Mustang. (Race tires and missing back seats) :eyebulge:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Edit: unless it catches Fire, or the GT 350 is the same price. I was assuming from the article the $60k included the base car.

I have a feeling the whole "Starting at $59,900" means for the base Hennessey without 717hp and if you want to step up to the top dog it will cost a whole lot more.

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Hennesey 2015

I didn't see mentioned if Hennesey was going to have any BADGING of any kind on their new Mustang.

Otherwise...how will we really know its a Hennesey?

Kidding!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
So... This car comes with your typical supercharger, exhaust, tune, and fuel support mods.

... Plus a whole lot of badges floor mats and spoilers.

And it's not as fast as the frpp demo car (though tires may be the issue there).

But it does come with some warranty.

For 60k

The car doesn't look bad. And it's fast.

But... Not extra stiffening to support it? Or no suspension upgrades?

Idk. Doesn't seem like that huge of a deal.

On the other hand, it does show how the new 5.0 is a beast that's not difficult to upgrade. Lots of reliable power there.

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
11.2 sec on the 1/4 mile with 717hp? Ford Racing with the charger on the 5.0 did it in 10.97 sec. without fiberglass bodywork. OK. The Hennessey is only $59,500 so go for it.:ford: Can't wait to see all the tunes coming out for the EcoBeaster's. :thumbsup:
Ford racing put slicks on the car.. and reduced the weight.. :headbonk:

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
I can't find anywhere that points to information whether this engine has been rebuilt and forged. It seems like they're boosting the stock engine to 717 HP. Can someone verify if the motor (top and bottom) is forged?

Thanks!

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I can't find anywhere that points to information whether this engine has been rebuilt and forged. It seems like they're boosting the stock engine to 717 HP. Can someone verify if the motor (top and bottom) is forged?

Thanks!

"Cheap" price (which apparently includes the mustang donor car price for a total of @ 60k) and only 7 psi.

Prob stock engine.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
"Cheap" price (which apparently includes the mustang donor car price for a total of @ 60k) and only 7 psi.

Prob stock engine.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

But what's amazing, is that, a 5.0 liter with 7psi can produce 717hp at crank. that's a lot. Imagine putting a TT (that dooes take away any hp to spin the SC) and you could end up 750.

But it's unsafe to boost a N/A engine that the piston, rings and rods are not designed for boost. The rings will crack under extra heat that goes the engine.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

But what's amazing, is that, a 5.0 liter with 7psi can produce 717hp at crank. that's a lot. Imagine putting a TT (that dooes take away any hp to spin the SC) and you could end up 750.

But it's unsafe to boost a N/A engine that the piston, rings and rods are not designed for boost. The rings will crack under extra heat that goes the engine.
Completely agreed on all points.

It's also why I'm not a fan of this particular tuner package.

The 5.0 is sweet.

And I have high hopes (expectations?) for Ford to go turbo eith th v8 now that the 4 is in place.

Supercharger is great. But turbo has much more potential.

Hopefully the next gt500/cobra is TT. if they really wanted to, we could be looking at an 800 reliable hp motor. Ford engineering is really firing on all cylinders these days.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

The engine has been out for over 4 years now and people have been adding boost and pushing more than 600hp to the wheels(which is well over 700crank) without issue. The current 1/4 mile record on a stock(non forged) engine is in the upper 8-seconds. That's over 1,000hp. The Coyote is a very strong engine and the 2015 version includes even stronger internals.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
The engine has been out for over 4 years now and people have been adding boost and pushing more than 600hp to the wheels(which is well over 700crank) without issue. The current 1/4 mile record on a stock(non forged) engine is in the upper 8-seconds. That's over 1,000hp. The Coyote is a very strong engine and the 2015 version includes even stronger internals.
I'm very impressed with this Coyote engine.
Sponsored