Sponsored

Help with wheels options please (Rohan RC22)

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Okay, so I know nothing about wheels/tires. I have never bought aftermarket wheels or tires before, always OEM tires. My birthday is coming up in a few months and my fiance likes to get me birthday gifts that are more expensive then one should spend, at least on our budget. So I told her I want some new wheels, I like mine but they are just too narrow. I don't drag race, but I do drive fast, I was thinking of 10 inch wide tires in rear. I like staggered setups , but I think square for me is more practical for rotation purposes. My rim that I have settles on is the Rohan RC22, probably is matte graphite. I like the flat look and it's a couple hundred dollars cheaper for the set then silver.

Now one thing is I am not a huge fan of 20 inch rims. I personally think it's a little big for the car. I am lowered 1 inch from my BMR springs. It's not that I would not use a 20 inch, I just prefer 19" for aesthetics and ride comfort. However I am having a hard time finding them in 19" for sale even tho on their site they do say available. Need4speed motors has them only in 20's but I have found on a couple other sites plus ebay in 19".

Now my actual questions are: there are different options for offsets. I have no clue what that is. For the 20's there's 1mm 40mm and 42. I don't want to have to invest in spacers and I am looking for a nice flush look, no fender rolling or anything. If I do 9.5" wide can I do 10-11" wide tires on the back, or am I better with a 10 inch wide wheel?

I found them in silver on this site here
http://www.wheelplususa.com/wheels/Rohana/RC22/Silver+Machine+Face

which has a ton of different options for the wheels. Any advice will be taken into consideration for offsets/widths/ options. But I definitely like these RC22's. It's the concave look I want for a decent price, compared to some others that are $500 a wheel.
rohana-wheels-rc22-matte-graphite-01.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Well it looks like TBR has the size and color I want, which is 19"x 8.5 and 19" x 9.5 tho not sure if I will just do 8.5 all around. I looked into the 20's since it was mentioned about tire prices being cheaper, even tho I don't want to sacrifice performance for a 20" wheel, but after researching the tires I found the 20's to be much more expensive then the 19". Since I don't know anything about tires I just searched for the tire size for the OEM sizes on the 18" 19" and 20" wheel options using tirerack.com. Honestly after seeing the prices of tires for 19 and 20" wheels I'm not sure if I will even get new wheels. That's just way too much for me.

These are for Michelin Pilot Super Sport:
18" - 235/50ZR18 - $181.56 Per Tire $726.24 a set
19" - 255/40ZR19 - $276.44 Per Tire $1105.76 a set
20" - 265/35ZR20 - $369.58 Per Tire $1478.32 a set

So again I don't know where people are getting 20" tires are cheaper, but that makes the 20" tires more expensive then the wheels themselves, and the 19" tires almost as expensive as each wheel itself.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I paid $800 shipped for 2 255/35/20 and 2 305/35/20 for mickey thompson street comps.

many people are spending anywhere from $1500-2000 on new tires and wheels and maybe as much as $2500-$3000 depending on the brand of tires and wheels for 20s. I have just over $2500 spent for the more expensive velgens+mt street comps with tpms and lugs.

the difference between 19s and 20s in a wheel and tire package is pretty small.

btw 20s don't look odd on the car because the tires are so meaty. there is no out of proportion or "dub" effect

the only way you'll save money is buy 19s and use factory tires or buy a cheaper wheel brand like niche, mmd, etc. someone posted today they bought niche essens in 20s with 275 nittos all around for $1850 shipped in the what did you do to your mustang today thread. So it can be done cheaper. when you spend more money on the wheels though it often means either different construction, greater warranty, more expensive finish...etc...so far though I'm very happy with the $800 i got in the MT street comps and I feel it was money well spent to step up to the velgen's because of the build quality and quality of the finish. After all the good things people said about them I had to try them.
Sponsored