Sponsored

Help With Spacers to Install Larger Front Calipers

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
2017 Mustang V6. Stock ride height. Niche Misano M117 18 x 8 40mm offset wheels. Tires 255/45 R18 (20mm wider than the factory 235/50). MISANO | Niche Road Wheels

I would like to install GT Base Model front calipers and rotors as a braking upgrade.

Called Niche and they said that that with my wheels there would be 2mm hub interference, and that the 18 x 9.5 wheels in same style would work. New wheels maybe in the future, but for right now I feel like a relatively thin spacer could work.

Niche would not give me info about spacers as they do not recommend the use of them.

It seems like it would be an advantage to go with thinnest possible spacer - perhaps even thin enough I don't have to use longer wheel studs? I'm ok going to a 20/25mm adapter that allows use of current wheel studs (w/o cutting) if that is the better path. Just seems like that is adding a lot of spacing for a 2mm interference (not measured - that is according to Niche Wheels). I feel like that their answer should be accurate since they checked their wheel fitment against a Base Mustang GT
which is essentially what I will have brake caliper wise once I've swapped the GT calipers onto the V6

Does anyone have experience with similar and could suggest a path forward on spacers/adapters?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can go up to a 6mm spacer in the front without any other modifications needed. That should do the trick if they are correct in that you only need 2 more mm of clearance.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've put a decent number of miles on the car with 5mm spacers. I'd be cautious to go any wider than that if you can help it. Every mm is a stud thread that isn't keeping the wheel on the car. Not saying 6 is unsafe, just use the minimum spacer you can pull off.

OP
OP

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I've put a decent number of miles on the car with 5mm spacers. I'd be cautious to go any wider than that if you can help it. Every mm is a stud thread that isn't keeping the wheel on the car. Not saying 6 is unsafe, just use the minimum spacer you can pull off.
Did you find some 5mm ones that are hub centric? Seems like the thin ones are more just washers or am I missing something?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Did you find some 5mm ones that are hub centric? Seems like the thin ones are more just washers or am I missing something?
yeah hubcentric 5mm spacersare out there. I think ebay is where I got mine. You can’t be prideful when seatching for thin cheap spacers. Just search for the hub diameter and lug spacing and you should find some.