Help!! With seat airbag light!!!

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6 convertible
I swapped my convertible cloth seats for coupe leather seats and now I have an airbag code for the curtain airbag error. I no longer have my cloth seats so I'm stuck with the coupe leathers any help resolving the issue would be appreciated!!! I heard I can use s 2.2 ohm resistor but unsure If that solution will work as that's for coupe seats and not vert seats. I used forscan to see the code. Is there any way to use forscan to tell it there are no curtain airbags in these seats?
Sponsored

jim17GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I swapped my convertible cloth seats for coupe leather seats and now I have an airbag code for the curtain airbag error. I no longer have my cloth seats so I'm stuck with the coupe leathers any help resolving the issue would be appreciated!!! I heard I can use s 2.2 ohm resistor but unsure If that solution will work as that's for coupe seats and not vert seats. I used forscan to see the code. Is there any way to use forscan to tell it there are no curtain airbags in these seats?

I had the same issue after I switched from cloth to leather seats and tried everything I read to clear it but it never would clear. I ended up taking it to the dealer and the drivers side seat belt latch assembly under warranty.

OP
OP

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
I had the same issue after I switched from cloth to leather seats and tried everything I read to clear it but it never would clear. I ended up taking it to the dealer and the drivers side seat belt latch assembly under warranty.
I figured it out!!!!
Created a how to video!!
Check it out and share it

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Have you considered how that swap may affect your insurance? You are removing an important piece of protection and should you be in an accident and suffer a head injury, your carrier may just wash their hands. Why didn’t you search out convertible seats, they must be as readily available as coupe ones?

OP
OP

Arejay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Have you considered how that swap may affect your insurance? You are removing an important piece of protection and should you be in an accident and suffer a head injury, your carrier may just wash their hands. Why didn’t you search out convertible seats, they must be as readily available as coupe ones?
Pretty much the same as putting in Recaro or other after market racing seats.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it out!!!!
Created a how to video!!
Check it out and share it
Video not working what was the fix? Thx