Sponsored

help with both tires and wheels fitment

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I have 2019 gt premium black accent package. I wonder what are the biggest sizes I can go ( tires and wheels width, offset, back spacing and clearance) without tune or making any problem to the tires or the car or changing speedometer with best fitment. Im thinking of doing staggered with 20 inch wheels.
the last thing guys can you give me best performance all season tires for these sizes? appreciate it
Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Please share the information as i am in the same boat.

Thanks in advance...

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Please share the information as i am in the same boat.

Thanks in advance...
@wcharon

Happy to share the info, generally speaking this would work however may not for all applications. Here was the information I had provided.

Not necessarily the biggest but certainly popular fitment for the your car, 20x9 +38 offset in front wrapped in 255/35's. Rear 20x10 +48 wrapped in 285/35's. Tire options for A/S could be Bridgestone, BFG, Falken. That setup should fit stock without any rubbing. This would put the new lip for the front and rear wheel 1/2" out farther than where they are now, same width front tire. Rear tire would be 1" Wider than stock.

If you wanted to go as big as possible, 20x9 +20 offset in front with 275/35's. Rear 20x10.5 +25 offset with 295/35's. Lip of the new wheel in front would be 1" farther out that it is now. Tire would be 3/4" wider. Lip of new wheel in rear would be 1 3/4" farther out than it is now. Rear tire would be 1.5" Wider. This is at maximum sizes for both front and rear axle, although it should fit, you could have still rubbing. (This will have an effect on the speedo)

I based this off the stock 2019 Gt platform that came with 255/40/19 stock tires.

I would be more than happy to tailor a set up to your specific application or needs if you would be interested.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
DT is planning on making the car look like its owned by Joe Dirt with the wheels poking out that far on those offsets.

OP - do your research. Go to American Muscle (or other site) and look at the tire selection there. Then notate the offset and rim widths they offer. This will give you the across the line sizing you need for proper fitment regardless of what wheel brand you choose 99.90% of the time. Then search for your tires and use their rim width to determine how fat you can run. Worked great for me.

E.G - I wanted a 20x10.5 rear and a 20x9 in the front. I found the offset specified on a staggered set of Vossens on AM. I verifed the sizing on Vossens website just as a precautionary. I then went to the website of the maker of wheel I was looking for and spec'd it all out myself. I called a tire store locally that is a dealer of the brand I wanted a and gave them the wheel part numbers. The rims came in and poof! they fit! Slapped the wheels on them I chose, using specifications from the maker on line. No bulge, no stretch, no poke, no Joe Dirt, no problem. In spite of the slightly larger stud size 05-14 sizing will fit 15+ cars with the standard brakes. I transferred my 14 custom wheels to me 17GT. There was no issue aside from needing a different lugnut size. The hubs are the same, and the lug holes are clearanced enough for the 1 size larger studs on the 15+ cars in MOST cases. Call teh maker of the wheel if in doubt. It's that feature on your smart phone that requires you to dial a number and engage in a verbal conversation with a party on the other end. (sarcasm - sorry)

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
American. Muscle is not a great place for wheel & tire advice. They seem to think that wide wheels up front will make the car explode (they won't).

10 " front and 11" rear is a no mod fit, with several choices at reasonable prices from LMR/SVE. 11" front and 12" rear is do able, but you will need extra camber, spacers, or custom offsets/wheels. Plus tire selection gets skimpy beyond a 305 tire (that works fine on an 11" wheel).

And yeah, +22 10.5" wheels would not be a good choice for the rear of a S550.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
For clarity sake, the information provided above on the 20x9 ET+38 (front) and 20x10 ET+48 (rear) will put the front lip of the wheels near flush with the fender and the measurements of sitting 1/2" (12mm to 15mm) further out are compared to where the factory wheels sit now.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I just ordered a set of Velgen VF5 20x10 et35 and 20x11et 50. I'll run Mickey Thompson Street Comp in 275/35R20 and 305/35R20. I need the grip, so that's why I chose that tire.

OP asked about a great all season, in that case, I would recommend either the Michelin Sport AS 3+ or Continental DWS06.

DarrenMRRWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Run 10's and 11's. If you're going to spend the $$$$ get the most out of it for the car. Or go generic and sell them on the classifieds after you see the difference..... :like:

OP
OP

shadowx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt premium 2019
I would like to put 20x10 front and 20x11 but would like to make them a little bit further out without making any problem to anything. any idea?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my tabulation of wheel sizes and offsets.
Please note the section at the top labeled "limits". It is my current best estimate at where *wheels* poke or just barely clear (perhaps kiss) suspension parts. The units are inches and are NOT backspace numbers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tut28e8wwucdv2x/SKUs.txt?dl=0

On the street there's no need to run wide tires. But that said lots of people on this board run at least 9.5 wide (255-275 tire) front and 9.5-11 wide (285-315) rear. You can get very nice wheels for as little as $75 each.
https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/search?search_query=Center+Line+SM1
I can't get a straight answer on whether they are flow-formed or not but given their weight (30lb+s) are very likely cast.

VMR, MMR, Forgestar all make very nice (IMO) wheels at reasonable prices. I'm waiting for American Muscle to once more put their Forgestar wheels on 50% off.

There are too many reports of undesirable comfort with 20" wheels that I won't consider them. Might want to go with 19".

As for tires, why not spend a couple hours reading review on Tirerack? And scanning threw a few pages of postings in this forum section? Question has been asked repeatedly.

Last edited:

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
A great combo are the APEX wheels.
https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels.html
They offer many combos.
The best for your "street use" is a
19x10 front (with 285mm tires) and 19x11 rear (with 305mm tires) .those will fit and fill better the fender space giving you not only a better look but also much more grip of what you have.

I track my car with 18x11 (and 19x11) squared. This request some other changes tho (spacers camer plates etc)

Hope this help
Alex

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would like to put 20x10 front and 20x11 but would like to make them a little bit further out without making any problem to anything. any idea?
You might want to try a couple of different size spacers to get the look that you are going for.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Look at the PP2 offsets. About as far out as you can go without hitting the fenders. And already a bit pokey for some folks with stock camber.
Sponsored