Sponsored

HELP-- To have Painted or Powder Coat New Brembo Calipers ? ? ? ? -----------------

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi Guys

I'm going to install the GT350 Brakes on my Grabber Blue. The Brakes are coming Red Brembo's.

So I was going to have them done in Grabber blue. If I was to powder coat them they would be GB with Black Brembo logos as the white vinyl does not last in the powder coating oven.

If I was going to have them painted I would do GB with White logos to match the cars stripes.

I know I have heard that powder coating tend to last longer but it's thicker and you have to take apart the seals and all in the Caliper. Total cost would be about $420.

I found a local auto body show that told me they paint them all the time and have never had a problem and will offer a lifetime warty. on the paint work for $300.

What do you guys think and why? I heard as well that Brembo has said you should not powder coat the calipers.

23885608777_1c287c99ef_z.jpg

37602220424_ac084d75db_z.jpg

38286352232_b5ed5c9ac0_z.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BCB06GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I did my daughter's mustang a long time ago with the G2 grabber paint - match was very good and has held up well. I guess the real question for the paint at the shop is how good is there customer service and warranty work if needed. The real question for powdering is who will do the disassembly and reassembly work? The only thing I ever heard about powder coating is some people saying it doesn't allow the brakes to cool as well.

My daughter's 2012
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah if you go to Brembo's website there is verbiage about finishing/re-finishing. I can't recall what it is though.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I did my daughter's mustang a long time ago with the G2 grabber paint - match was very good and has held up well. I guess the real question for the paint at the shop is how good is there customer service and warranty work if needed. The real question for powdering is who will do the disassembly and reassembly work? The only thing I ever heard about powder coating is some people saying it doesn't allow the brakes to cool as well.

My daughter's 2012
That looks good. And at $50, certainly good enough for something that is by nature going to be covered with brake dust most of the time.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I painted my Brembo’s red two years and 20,000 miles ago and they still look like new for $10 or $15 and a little bit of work, it’s definitely worth the effort. I used VHT High Heat paint and vinyl overlays for the Brembo logo and they hold up great.
Sponsored