Sponsored

Help. Steering or rearend issue IDK

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I don't know how to explain this feeling, I feel when I'm driving my car on the highway around 70 or 80+. It's feels like I'm driving my car over a bridge and it's caught in a cross wind. It's like the car is wiggling back and forth while I'm driving stright. At first I thought it was the road but I've noticed it's wiggled on different road surfaces. For example...when your on a road with groves... and it pulls the car in the direction of the grooves in the road.. If that makes sense. I had some halfshafts put on.. but that was in February. Anybody have any idea what can cause this? Thanks
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Rear hubs will cause that when they go bad. Jack up each wheel and check for play.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Rear hubs will cause that when they go bad. Jack up each wheel and check for play.
Thanks man. I'm going to check that out. I don't know if this make sense or if you've ever ridden right behind a tractor trailer and it feels like your car is shaking back and forth.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Could be be wide tires following grooves. Could also be a bad alignment. Or as was stated, the rear hub bearings may be going bad

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Could be be wide tires following grooves. Could also be a bad alignment. Or as was stated, the rear hub bearings may be going bad
Thanks man..I've had these tires on here for years. They're worn down and probably need to be replaced but I've had tires on here worse then what's on the car now, and didn't have this problem. I'm hoping it's the rear wheel hub.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You really don't need/want extended studs on the rear hubs (unless you like the look of studs sticking out).

Did you confirm the hubs have play, or just throwing parts at the problem?

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Cradle lockout kit solved the issue for me. Bought my 2019 used, and it scared the living crap out of me driving normally on highways. After alot of research, i decided to try the lockout kit and thank god it feels like its on rails now, as it should.
Its worth considering

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Cradle lockout kit solved the issue for me. Bought my 2019 used, and it scared the living crap out of me driving normally on highways. After alot of research, i decided to try the lockout kit and thank god it feels like its on rails now, as it should.
Its worth considering
If you're spinning tires at low speeds and low gears, for sure stabilizing the weak spots in the rear suspension/subframe feels great. Much more predictable and less tail wagging.

BUT if you're at highways speeds, and you're not spinning bald hard tires, the car should be tracking and predictable w/o subframe mods. If its moving around, that surprising.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Mine's doing the same thing right now. I already replaced the driver side rear hub. Just ordered the parts for the passenger hub.

Make sure when you're ordering parts, order the thrust washer that goes between the halfshaft and hub. It's part number: FR3Z-7G273-A
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-washer-thrust-fr3z7g273a

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
When my rear hubs went bad the car would go one way on the throttle and then another way when I got off the throttle. More noticeable in 2nd or 3rd gear under heavy throttle, jump on it and it would point one way and back off quickly and it would point the other. When I checked them both rear hubs had a ton of play in them. For the record, they went bad really fast. They went from tight during a check while I changed the oil, to garbage about 3k miles later.

Make sure when you're ordering parts, order the thrust washer that goes between the halfshaft and hub. It's part number: FR3Z-7G273-A
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-washer-thrust-fr3z7g273a
This is an absolute MUST when you do wheel bearings. I didn't know this when I did mine and I got to take them all apart again about 400 miles later when the driver side rear hub was clicking when I rolled forward or backwards. Installed new revised washers and the car is fixed.
Sponsored