saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Guys

I have a problem, from time to time my engine gets code P0234. When I reset the system it goes away. I have noticed that when in neutral and engine on, the RPM is changing below 1000. Also, I feel a significant loss of power. To test my doubts, I tested 0-60mph.
1. 7.8 seconds (without sport mode)
2. 11.8 seconds (without sport mode)
3. 11.2 seconds (with sport mode)

*If it is relevant, sometimes when I start to dive a little bit more aggressively I hear 3 distinctive clicks (maybe breaking sound).

*I was at the dealership and they say that everything is O.K, but it isn't. The car has 76000 miles on it is daily.

May I kindly ask if there is a fix for this problem to give my pony the power it had when I got it?

Regards,
Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Hey, are you Georgian (the country)?

I'd start by checking to see if you have any knock. If you are in Georgia(the country), make sure you fill up with good gas. I know there's some really crappy stuff over there and even some leaded which will ruin catalytic converters and o2 sensors.

OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey, are you Georgian (the country)?

I'd start by checking to see if you have any knock. If you are in Georgia(the country), make sure you fill up with good gas. I know there's some really crappy stuff over there and even some leaded which will ruin catalytic converters and o2 sensors.
Yes, I am in Georgia, how could you tell? There is no good alternative I got the best fuel from Rompetrol for the highest price and regardless this error popped out and these problems aroused. As I know there is a conversion kit for leaded fuel can you advise me? Maybe there is another solution.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Yes, I am in Georgia, how could you tell? There is no good alternative I got the best fuel from Rompetrol for the highest price and regardless this error popped out and these problems aroused. As I know there is a conversion kit for leaded fuel can you advise me? Maybe there is another solution.
Gaumarjos! I'm from Georgia too, but now live in the US but I come back to visit often. I can't really speak to leaded conversion kit, but you'll need to datalog the car to see what error codes you get and overall what the engine is doing. Like I said, if you use leaded gas in an American car, you'll seriously damage the catalytic converter where it'll get clogged and your engine power will get reduced dramatically.

I think most people over there remove catalytic converters and o2 sensors to run leaded.

OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Gaumarjos! I'm from Georgia too, but now live in the US but I come back to visit often. I can't really speak to leaded conversion kit, but you'll need to datalog the car to see what error codes you get and overall what the engine is doing. Like I said, if you use leaded gas in an American car, you'll seriously damage the catalytic converter where it'll get clogged and your engine power will get reduced dramatically.

I think most people over there remove catalytic converters and o2 sensors to run leaded.
Gagimarjos! The only code I get is p234 which is overboost condition, other then that is O.K but I seriously feel the loss of power

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Gagimarjos! The only code I get is p234 which is overboost condition, other then that is O.K but I seriously feel the loss of power
Do you have a boost gauge? Also is the car tuned to your knowledge? It sounds like you're going into limp mode.

OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much boost are you seeing?
Here is the issue when i start accelerating the psi rises fro 20 to 1 point below maximum. When rpm gerst to 4000, psi drops to 20 and after 6000 rpm it starts to gain same psi as at the start.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I'm no expert with ecoboosts, but I didn't think they were supposed to hit 20psi stock. Is that normal?
Sponsored