saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Guys

I have a problem, from time to time my engine gets code P0234. When I reset the system it goes away. I have noticed that when in neutral and engine on, the RPM is changing below 1000. Also, I feel a significant loss of power. To test my doubts, I tested 0-60mph.
1. 7.8 seconds (without sport mode)
2. 11.8 seconds (without sport mode)
3. 11.2 seconds (with sport mode)

*If it is relevant, sometimes when I start to dive a little bit more aggressively I hear 3 distinctive clicks (maybe breaking sound).

*I was at the dealership and they say that everything is O.K, but it isn't. The car has 76000 miles on it is daily.

May I kindly ask if there is a fix for this problem to give my pony the power it had when I got it?

Regards,
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
76K! Wow... glad to hear your Mustang is running! I don't expect mine to ever see that kind of mileage without a complete rebuild!
I do have about 75K on my Ecoboost Fusion, and the only problem it has is the ECM is stuck in "old man mode"... I've been told that if I would run it harder, the computer will "'re-learn" and the car will come back to life!!
(I can't recommend doing this until you correct your car's problem, but once your trouble free... You may want to put your foot into it every 100 miles or so...!?)

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Have you looked at your boost numbers? Looks like you’re loosing turbo efficiency. Could be a sensor, vacuum leak, bad turbo, many things.

OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nope. What I have to look at specifically?

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would start with fixing the P0234 condition, it could be many things, best thing is to have it serviced by Ford or someone familiar with these engines.
https://www.engine-codes.com/p0234_ford.html
Thank you very much!

The code also says that it has overboost issue, may I ask if you know what could it be, cause the
possible causes are quite diverse and different by their specification.

OP
OP
saurigaiozi

saurigaiozi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gaioz
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Today I watched boost PSI is set at 20 when I drive casually.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thank you very much!

The code also says that it has overboost issue, may I ask if you know what could it be, cause the
possible causes are quite diverse and different by their specification.
It can be number of things, I can't really diagnose it. I would do the simple things like check all your vacuum lines, charge pipes, etc. Check the wastegate connections, that could cause the problem. Check plugs also.

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
That knocking sound is probably LSPI. When is the last time you changed spark plugs?

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Same here... When street driving, mine runs in a vacuum and delivers 32mph. When running hard (the 1/4 mile), my boost is still only in the high teens!?

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Same here... When street driving, mine runs in a vacuum and delivers 32mph. When running hard (the 1/4 mile), my boost is still only in the high teens!?
You should see a quick spike to 20psi then it settles at around 18-19 PSI under WOT, that's factory. Since you're drag racing the car, perhaps consider the Ford tune (keeps warranty) or other vendor tune. Very noticeable difference.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You should see a quick spike to 20psi then it settles at around 18-19 PSI under WOT, that's factory. Since you're drag racing the car, perhaps consider the Ford tune (keeps warranty) or other vendor tune. Very noticeable difference.
This guy doesn't need a tune. He's clearly got mechanical issues with his car. Fix whatever is broken, first.
Sponsored