HELP! My kid F*@&ed up my paint...

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Long story short my kid is doing a "project" in the garage and he thought it would be a great idea to spray paint in a closed garage with 2 cars. Both now feel like they are covered in grit. I tried a touch free, but it seems to have only had an marginal effect. I tried the wash bay with pressurized soap and the "foaming" brush which helped quite a bit, but left a lot in any contour/curved area.

Any thoughts before his sister becomes an only child?
Sponsored

Last edited:

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
hand wash with a mitt. If that doesnt take it all off then you will have to use a claybar to remove all the overspray. It will all come off, just take a lil work.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Goof off is good for spray paint, at least with my experiences of it. I sprayed some vigorously on a rag and then tried a small spot. You can also try to clay bar the area and that may be enough to rid of the overspray.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Well, one: clay bar and a soft rag... and supervise him cleaning it. two: disowning him is an option, but expensive. three: there are some paint and body shops and if the child has an allowance: guess who pays....

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Use a light rubbing compound with a DA. All is not lost, you will still have 2 kids. 🙂
This is your best shot. Clay bars really don't handle something like that. A light compound or even an one step polish is your best bet. And unless you want the shoulder workout from hell a DA to do it with.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
1. Wash car two bucket method 2 . Clay bar surface. 3. Polish lightly 4. Isopropyl alcohol to remove any left over polish. 5. Seal with your choice of wax or ceramic coat.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
hand wash with a mitt. If that doesnt take it all off then you will have to use a claybar to remove all the overspray. It will all come off, just take a lil work.
Yup - claybar and probably polishing with an aggressive polish and pad and then finishing polish with less aggressive pad. Block off a weekend with your son indentured servant to help.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I remember when as a kid of about 8 or so I took the lawn mower apart, including the engine. Dad was not happy.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So sorry. My mum did that to our Cadillac in the 1980's, although the spray paint was a very similar color to the car. Good luck, we were all kids once.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
get it professionally polished, then deduct the price from all his future Christmases / birthdays / etc.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
+1 for the clay bar, but I wouldn't go much further without consulting a body shop if results with that are not satisfactory.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I remember when as a kid of about 8 or so I took the lawn mower apart, including the engine. Dad was not happy.
Oh but now look at you go. Rebuilding gearboxes with Cryo treated parts. :rockon:

For the OP's problem: I would follow the previous recommendations of a DA and polishing compound.
Sponsored