Sponsored

Help my 2019 Mustang Ecoboost is stuck in Park!

OP
OP
jholly36

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thanks - no enhanced security package and have been driving with no issues since March 16th. Basically - dealer will have to come get it and figure it out.
Sponsored

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have set this thread to watch. Here's looking forward to you getting this resolved.
I certainly would love to know what on earth caused this, and how it gets resolved, too...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Coming into thread late, but you and your husband might want to try this and see if by manually disengaging the shift interlock if that will release or unlock the shifter.

If for some reason this method does not work as a temporary unlock so you can get it to the Dealer - if the car was purchased new from a Ford Dealer, you do get Ford Roadside assist with the 3/36. Look up the Roadside Assist # in your owners manual and request a tow to the Dealer.
3395A6B8-A795-4C5D-9639-C25E2BFDF359.jpeg

OP
OP
jholly36

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Coming into thread late, but you and your husband might want to try this and see if by manually disengaging the shift interlock if that will release or unlock the shifter.

If for some reason this method does not work as a temporary unlock so you can get it to the Dealer - if the car was purchased new from a Ford Dealer, you do get Ford Roadside assist with the 3/36. Look up the Roadside Assist # in your owners manual and request a tow to the Dealer.
Thank you! Although yeah a little too late, hubby went off to work and I am sitting in the lot waiting for a tow to the dealer.

OP
OP
jholly36

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Thank you! Although yeah a little too late, hubby went off to work and I am sitting in the lot waiting for a tow to the dealer.

We tried this - got the chrome plate off and then ??? could not figure out the next step which is not listed above, there is another layer to remove after the plate to get to the switch - was not as easy as they make it seem of course!! and we did not want to force things then dealer would be like byebye warranty!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jholly36

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I have set this thread to watch. Here's looking forward to you getting this resolved.
I certainly would love to know what on earth caused this, and how it gets resolved, too...
Body Control Module (BCM) failure - part is on order SHOULD be here tomorrow. Supposedly under warranty - will be more at ease once she’s fixed for sure though.

familyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ruby Red
I'm glad you got it figured out, must be very frustrating.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Rather annoying, but, I feel as if know what the issue was/is, is rather comforting.
Looking forward to the install and resolution...

OP
OP
jholly36

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Just wondering now what caused this - and will it happen again? There are several scenarios when being stuck in Park could be much worse than an annoyance....