Sponsored

Help me in choosing my next mustang, gt or ecoboost?

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front
I'll run Shell , BP or Chevron premium, mostly Shell though.
Sponsored

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have never run anything but 93 in mine and that's not needed. Just something in my head says 93. Don't know what I would get if I ran nothing but 87 ??????
I've run 93 octane in my 2016 GT almost exclusively. The owners manual says to run that for best performance but also says that 87 octane is perfectly ok. After a year or two of ownership, I did run about a half dozen tanks of regular just to see if I could tell the difference. Honestly, I couldn't but I'm also not one to hotrod around that much so for me, just driving normally, the car seemed fine. I never heard any pinging and my fuel economy stayed right in line. With gas prices being what they are, I went back to premium. At that point, the car seemed to run a little smoother but I'm not sure that wasn't just phycological. Either way, I couldn't tell any difference in outright performance.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Didn't read the whole thread, but I don't need to since I read your first post: Test drive a used, low mileage 2018 GT A10. It will cost less money than a new Ecoboost and blow the doors off of it, and be a lot faster than a 2015-2017 GT A6. If you can swing a 2019 or used 2020 GT you can even get one with more warranty intact.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Didn't read the whole thread, but I don't need to since I read your first post: Test drive a used, low mileage 2018 GT A10. It will cost less money than a new Ecoboost and blow the doors off of it, and be a lot faster than a 2015-2017 GT A6. If you can swing a 2019 or used 2020 GT you can even get one with more warranty intact.
I agree with this post, I prefer to buy new cars if I plan to keep them for a long time but if you can swing a 2018 auto GT, you should have close to one year warranty which should give you some peace Of mind

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
No I mean after the 2nd to 3rd hour of driving I'm annoyed with my V8 sound (stock). Which wasn't the case when I was driving a Ecoboost from Vegas to SF.
Simple fix. Get the active exhaust then you can put it on quiet when you are tired of it. I drove my GT 1,300 miles when I first got it in one trip and I just ran it in normal and there isn’t any drone.

Sponsored

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No I mean after the 2nd to 3rd hour of driving I'm annoyed with my V8 sound (stock). Which wasn't the case when I was driving a Ecoboost from Vegas to SF.
News to me! I've got a box stock 2016 GT, exhaust wise, and I've had it on a couple of multi-day road trips. Cruising down the freeway 70-75 or so, I'm not aware of the exhaust sound at all. Step down on it while passing someone and it sings quite nicely but is more than subdued otherwise.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Simple fix. Get the active exhaust then you can put it on quiet when you are tired of it. I drove my GT 1,300 miles when I first got it in one trip and I just ran it in normal and there isn’t any drone.
Mine is 2017 no Active exhaust option.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
News to me! I've got a box stock 2016 GT, exhaust wise, and I've had it on a couple of multi-day road trips. Cruising down the freeway 70-75 or so, I'm not aware of the exhaust sound at all. Step down on it while passing someone and it sings quite nicely but is more than subdued otherwise.
Sound tube is not deleted on mine yet which mean you are hearing the engine in the cabin. I'm very noise sensitive which is also contributing to this.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ecoboost is def nice being quiet if you enjoy music

Sponsored

Tukman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2020 pp2 Roush stage 2 Mustang GT/ 2019 Bullitt
In 2017 I got a v6 mustang, great car, but within two months I traded it in on a GT V8. Couldn’t been happier, the car was awesome. This month I traded the 2017 GT for a 2020 pp2 phase2 Roush mustang,again happyville, get the V8.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Sound tube is not deleted on mine yet which mean you are hearing the engine in the cabin. I'm very noise sensitive which is also contributing to this.
Understood. Sound tube is fully intact on mine too but my hearing obviously isn't as good as yours. I have, from time to time, thought I might want mine a little louder and have considered doing a resonator delete (H pipe) with the stock mufflers but I've gotten conflicting opinions about how much louder it will be. I wouldn't mind mine being a "little" louder but I have really good relations with my neighbors and I don't want to jeopardize that. If I can ever connect up with someone who has this exact modification and I can hear what it really sounds like, I might do it but as it is, I'll just leave it stock. I hope you can find a resolution to your issues.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Understood. Sound tube is fully intact on mine too but my hearing obviously isn't as good as yours. I have, from time to time, thought I might want mine a little louder and have considered doing a resonator delete (H pipe) with the stock mufflers but I've gotten conflicting opinions about how much louder it will be. I wouldn't mind mine being a "little" louder but I have really good relations with my neighbors and I don't want to jeopardize that. If I can ever connect up with someone who has this exact modification and I can hear what it really sounds like, I might do it but as it is, I'll just leave it stock. I hope you can find a resolution to your issues.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
I just got my Steeda H pipe instead two days ago on my factory active exhaust. Everyone said it was “a tad” louder. No this shit is way louder. On track mode now it’s loud as hell. Obviously not straight pipe loud but it’s definitely loud. I have to start in quiet mode now because cold starts with an H pipe will definitely piss off the neighbors. I use to run it in track mode all the time now I use sport mode. Sport is basically what track use to be and track is well.. loud. I was say it’s borderline obnoxious in track, but hey to each their own.

Now if you just have regular non active exhaust I believe that is along the lines of Regular mode in active exhaust and in that mode the H pipe is not too loud. Cold starts are still loud but regular running is definitely fine in standard or non active exhaust.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I just got my Steeda H pipe instead two days ago on my factory active exhaust. Everyone said it was “a tad” louder. No this shit is way louder. On track mode now it’s loud as hell. Obviously not straight pipe loud but it’s definitely loud. I have to start in quiet mode now because cold starts with an H pipe will definitely piss off the neighbors. I use to run it in track mode all the time now I use sport mode. Sport is basically what track use to be and track is well.. loud. I was say it’s borderline obnoxious in track, but hey to each their own.

Now if you just have regular non active exhaust I believe that is along the lines of Regular mode in active exhaust and in that mode the H pipe is not too loud. Cold starts are still loud but regular running is definitely fine in standard or non active exhaust.
Thanks for the reply. My car is a 2016 GT so obviously I don't have the active exhaust. The Steeda H pipe would be my selection as well. I've gotten a lot of feedback like yours but I've also had some say that they thought it was pretty loud, or louder than they expected it to be. It's obviously a subjective perception. I'd still like to hear one in person before I spend the money. I definitely don't want to get the thing installed and "then" figure out I don't like it. You wouldn't happen to live in the Houston area would you? ;-)
Sponsored