HELP: Loss of Power.. Limp Home, p601a error code

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Had my 2015 GT out yesterday, drove to destination 40 miles no problems, all fine.
On the return - 100Deg heat (if that makes any difference) The acceleration and pick up started to hesitate, then lag altogether. Dropping revs when I put my foot down, yet drop a gear and it would pick up the revs again (Manual).

I have an NGauge attached and ran a quick diagnostic after pulling into a Gas station to fill up, thinking it may be a fuel issue.. It has thrown Error Code p061a. 'Internal Control Torque Performance' No dash lights or MIL. I did manage to limp home, lifting off the gas and then back on for 2-3 seconds until the power loss cut in.

I have recently changed rear end Gearing from 3.73 down to 3.55 - Without any ForScan setting changes or mods.. But - I have ran 600+ miles since the install and various sources say that a simple change like that should have no effect.

Usual Search brings up:

P061A FORD Possible Causes
  • Faulty Throttle Valve Control Servo
  • Throttle Valve Control Servo harness open or shorted
  • Throttle Valve Control Servo circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor
  • There is some foreign matter around air flow sensor
  • Software incompatibility issue
  • Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)

Any ideas where to start..? If others have had this code, what were your symptoms..?
The List seems to be somewhat 'Vague' as to possible causes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

I believe its this..!!!! Hoorah. Off to the parts store now.
after already removing and cleaning MAF and TB :)

IMG_2379.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Is this car tuned? The computer is seeing the torque tables are off. If the car is tuned and then you geared it it can be the gears. If it is not tuned then probably not

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Is this car tuned? The computer is seeing the torque tables are off. If the car is tuned and then you geared it it can be the gears. If it is not tuned then probably not
Yes, full HP Tuners rolling road tune.
However, as a manual, I don’t believe the torque management is like the auto box.. which monitors and senses..

Having made the fix, replacing the brake pedal pad.. all is fixed. I have taken the car out even some spirited driving no issues.

I am at VIR in a few weeks.. I hope all is well for track time.. my tuner is on alert if not…!!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
However, as a manual, I don’t believe the torque management is like the auto box.. which monitors and senses..

Having made the fix, replacing the brake pedal pad.. all is fixed. I have taken the car out even some spirited driving no issues.

I am at VIR in a few weeks.. I hope all is well for track time.. my tuner is on alert if not…!!
It’s not torque management it’s expected torque

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

It is probably fixed but if it is not check the torque tables

OP
OP
Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
It’s not torque management it’s expected torque
Do you have first hand experience of this.?
There were so many conflicting discussions..

I am happy to change Forscan values, or get the tuner to make the adjustments. All Speedo readings are fine.. I only went from 3.73 to. 3.55 gearing. Couple that with 18 rims instead of the stock 19’s and the ratios are very similar.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

I am happy to change Forscan values, or get the tuner to make the adjustments. All Speedo readings are fine.. I only went from 3.73 to. 3.55 gearing. Couple that with 18 rims instead of the stock 19’s and the ratios are very similar.
I had problems going 3.15 to 3.55 because my tables didn’t like the change. I use hptuners and tune my car and had to make some changes but if you are close to the same ratio you might be fine

Sponsored

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT

i do. i had the P0601A and B codes coming up after installing my flex tune. it would only happen when i stepped on the throttle shifting from 2nd to 3rd. reached out to my tuner and they found an issue with the torque calcs. a revised tune was provided and i havent had the codes since.

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
i do. i had the P0601A and B codes coming up after installing my flex tune. it would only happen when i stepped on the throttle shifting from 2nd to 3rd. reached out to my tuner and they found an issue with the torque calcs. a revised tune was provided and i havent had the codes since.
I'm on the same issue precisely! when I shift from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. The car would loss power or it feels I'm in limp mode and the TB shuts off. I only had the P061A & P0111 when that has happened.
Sent the logs to my Tuner and hopefully they get it right. Other than that, the car drives really smooth. Note I'm on VMP Odin, 1/7/8 Kooks LTH and few other mods!
Sponsored