2015 'Stang GT Premium
Congrats, Robman :)

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
As long as your wife is not over 6ft tall you should be able to fit the baby behind her. Congrats on the baby and your new stang!

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've got two car seats in the back of mine. They are a pain to get in but once there you just kind of chuck your kid into it then buckle them. It's not too bad. And the older ones climb in. I have them hold their legs up and then put the seat back then slide it forward so they have enough room. It's all doable.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I would only keep the mustang if I was wealthy and could afford a family hauler that was just as nice and new as the mustang. If your family hauler is old and questionable I'd say your priorities are off. The mustang is a great car but in the end that's all it is. If I have a kid on the way I'll ditch this car so fast your head would spin. Momma and the baby would be riding in a new under warranty family car so we could take the family down to the park for our walk along with the stroller, dog, etc..

Sponsored

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
I routinely take both kids in a convertible GT, but the 1 year old is now in a forward facing seat, which gives you more room. The rearward facing seat you need for infants will take up more room, but unless you have a really tall wife in the passenger seat, it will work fine. There is someone at our daycare who has an infant in a new GT. Since you can usually mount the infant car seat base in the car, you can put the baby into the seat outside the car, click all of the harnesses, and then just drop-click it in the base in the back of the car when you need to go. Its actually easier than trying to drop the 1 year old into the forward facing seat and then click their harness while leaning into the back.

Our older kid (5 years old) can climb in on his own into the booster seat.

The trunk (even the convertible) is easily big enough to hold an umbrella or more compact stroller and even a pack-n-play for overnight trips. We also have one of those giant SUV like strollers and, frankly it is such a big pain in the ass, we never use it anymore anyway.

One thing to consider: if you keep the car long enough, you will easily be able to get your kids to go places when necessary by promising to take the Mustang! It works for me (note: our other car is a Prius, which is a great family car, if not quite as enticing to a 5 year old boy).

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I would only keep the mustang if I was wealthy and could afford a family hauler that was just as nice and new as the mustang. If your family hauler is old and questionable I'd say your priorities are off. The mustang is a great car but in the end that's all it is. If I have a kid on the way I'll ditch this car so fast your head would spin. Momma and the baby would be riding in a new under warranty family car so we could take the family down to the park for our walk along with the stroller, dog, etc..
lol :headbonk:. because you can't do any of that with a mustang? :crazy: :shrug: :crazy: :shrug:

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I agree with this. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Robman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
All good suggestions and I thank you. We have a 2013 Accord for the wife so that will be a good family car and have an Escalade for the SUV duty. I think all will work out well and am looking forward to raising the boy/girl with mustang morals.

Litenin75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT/CS
I have my first kid coming in just a few days. Currently we have a 2011 GT and a 2014 Explorer. The car isnt going anywhere unless it is for a 2015 GT!! We will use the Explorer as the baby hauler and the car rarely. I've sized up the car seat in the car and it will be tight, but the Explorer is for family trips.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Single dad with 4 year old girl (and custody) 15 (and 11 gt previously) is my only car (not counting ac cobra replica project). We get along just fine like that

RoadDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is easy.
I've never been pregnant (congrats, BTW!) - but I tried! LOL!
Get a back seat delete (Shrader?) and make a cutout for the seat belts for the kiddy seat to be locked in. Once *free*, there's all that room!
Push come to shove (so to speak), flip down the split seat and run a waterslide from the trunk where you *load* your kids who slide & end up in their seats - in your back seat.
Next week. Saltwater aquariums in the 6G.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
My low back always cringes when I read these threads, but I'm a late 40 something..I can remember back when starting a family and having to lean into the rear seats of the LX5.0...no problem:thumbsup:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Khyber has demonstrated the back seat solution, but the trunk is large and usefully shaped. I have hauled groceries, propane tanks, my bike, Home Depot stuff, and lots of other cargo. Not like the old Fox coupes at all.

medic_cop15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I'm able to easily fit a jogging stroller into the trunk. Also my son is almost two and fitting him and my wife into my 15 mustang is easy and comfortable. So no worries man

sent from my Oneplus One via tapatalk
Sponsored