Help changing grill!

GreenGuardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Anyone in or around the Houston/Cypress area that can get access to a lift and impact wrench? Had my new tires put on last weekend and of course they used an impact wrench for the lugs and now I cant get them off. I was trying to put on my new grills at my house today and now I can't. I have my dewalt tools and pry bar but even they cant get the lugs off. I'm off wotk all week so sooner the better.

text Me at 832-229-4923 Joe.
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Autozone, ask to borrow/rent a long breaker bar. Hopefully they are all not cross threaded.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lug stud damage

Dealt with this before for a friend on a truck.

Take it to dealership so they can document if studs and lugs are damaged.
If they just hammered away, its likely the nut threads are sheared and possibly stud threads galled. Tell dealer you need to take video of them loosening nuts. Ask them to use a torque wrench to check torque at break free.

Get quote on replacing all studs if most show damage.

- psycho option:
You will send a demand letter and CC an attorney that may not even require retainer unless demand is not met. If demand for repair costs not met you can engage attorney or more simply file in small claims court. Attorney can threaten to place ads seeking additional persons with damage and require employee records for depositions and bunch of other expensive bullshit that usually never happens.

- executive option:
just pay to have studs replaced yourself and eat cost and be done w it.

If tire shop intentionally damaged studs n nuts, they should be held accountable as thats a serious liability issue.