Sponsored

*HELP!* - Car stalls when putting into drive (supercharged 6R80 S550)

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Hi guys,

Car has been supercharged for about 7 months now (Edelbrock 2300 blower)

Since changing from 5w30 to 5w50 oil weight (I think about 2 months ago?) I have had the below issue.

After starting the car since its been sitting for about 1 hour (from a small drive to the shops) the car stalls when I put it from Park to Drive/Sports.

I usually let it idle for a bit once I start the car, but as above 2 times now (over the last 2 months) the car goes from idle to slightly lower rpm due to load from going into Drive mode then it struggles to maintain RPM then stalls with my foot on the brake & still in the car park.

nGauge has no codes & there is no CEL so this is a weird one.... Could it possibly be crappy fuel? once I start the car up again and drive off it has no issues sitting at the lights or driving, just the 2 times this has happened was in the car park after car has been sitting for about 1 hour.

Hope its nothing too serious as there are no codes or CEL but who knows, anyone else experienced this? wonder if the difference in 5w30 vs 5w50 is what's making it difficult to maintain rpm & stall in drive?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Edit: I have also asked this on Facebook & people have hinted at possible vct/phaser being the cause.

Has anyone with a faulty vct/phaser experienced what I have? the car drives/idles fine otherwise except for the instances I mentioned where it stalls upon first start up & placing it into Drive after car has been sitting for 1 hour

OP
OP

Memz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Memz
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550
Bumping.. hoping this additional info helps.
NGauge rpms are showing it drop to 400 rpm when I go from Park to Drive and rpms slowly start to rise eventually to around 650-680rpm when in Drive (takes about 30-40 seconds with foot on brake on Drive)
Could it be a throttle body issue since it takes a while to get rpm up upon next warm startup? No issues driving or stopping at lights etc
Sponsored