• Watchers 5

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
There are people on these boards that have the Tri-ax and love it, but you are correct that the MGW gets more love. I've seen a few complaints about NVH with the Tri-ax, but it's still a good piece. The MGW is better, but like you said it costs a bit more. You probably can't go wrong either way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 43513

There are people on these boards that have the Tri-ax and love it, but you are correct that the MGW gets more love. I've seen a few complaints about NVH with the Tri-ax, but it's still a good piece. The MGW is better, but like you said it costs a bit more. You probably can't go wrong either way.
That's what I was thinking maybe I can get them to install MGW to be safe but i dont think its going to be a massive difference

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Arturo,

If I can set something up for you to come by & check out the Tri-Ax ... would you be interested? The Steeda Tri-Ax is a great piece & well-engineered.

When properly installed - you will be very happy.

Shoot me your contact info & if you have time, let's get you some experience with the Tri-Ax :)

TJ

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
It seems that MGW Short Throw Spec -x shifter has a cult following and thats what everyone gets but why? I live near a local steeda shop and its cheaper. Does anyone know the major difference between these two and why the Tri-ax is never talked about?

https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/139
https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...ce-short-throw-shifter-15-16-gt-555-7317.html
i think the tri ax is not talked about because mgw has a history and a reputation that is widely known as being great, im not saying steeda doesnt because they do as well. not only that but the mgw is a beautiful piece that is precise and crisp. its just great. everything about the piece itself and the company as a whole is how things should be done. again not knocking steeda by any means. the other factor i think is people have tried other shifters and end up with an mgw in the end and its simply as good if not better than pretty much every other option. been reading this forum for a couple years now and it seems that tri ax people dont switch down the road so that says something to their happiness. the major difference between the two if i remember correctly that the mgw replaces all the shift linkage and is transmission mounted where as the tri ax uses some of the shift linkage and can be either body or trans mounted. pls someone correct me if im wrong about the tri ax. but the mgw is simple and precise. never missed a shift, falls right into gear, has a great feel and you can tell all that went into making it.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Trans mounted shifter >>> body mounted, regardless of how nicely it's made.

OP
OP

Deleted member 43513

Arturo,

If I can set something up for you to come by & check out the Tri-Ax ... would you be interested? The Steeda Tri-Ax is a great piece & well-engineered.

Shoot me your contact info & if you have time, let's get you some experience with the Tri-Ax :)

TJ
Arturo,

TJ
PM has been sent - thank you

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have had zero issues with my Steeda Tri-Ax and no NVH that I noticed. From what I've read the MGW is top shelf as well, but I never had one so I can't comment on first hand experience with it. The Steeda however is a quality piece and well worth the money. If I was to get another Mustang, a Tri-Ax would be going in it again.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have had zero issues with my Steeda Tri-Ax and no NVH that I noticed. From what I've read the MGW is top shelf as well, but I never had one so I can't comment on first hand experience with it. The Steeda however is a quality piece and well worth the money. If I was to get another Mustang, a Tri-Ax would be going in it again.
Jealous when I hear this. I’ve had mine apart a few times installing different o-rings Steeda sent me. Mine vibrates/buzzes in mid/upper RPMs, but thankfully I can’t hear it with the stereo playing. Not interested in fixing it because last time I broke the trim when I was prying it out, so stereo is the fix for me.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
MGW X spec in my car, I love it

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Another happy Tri-ax here. I find it a lot more comfortable to shift into 5 and 6, compared to the OE shifter.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
MGW or nothing for me

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those on the fence, here is a great video we did on the Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter!

Let me know if I can help assist further!

TJ
Sponsored