Sponsored

Help: Anderson Composites GT350R CF Spoiler

Davidx9x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 5.0
Thanks again for all the help! Was able to install it pretty easily!
LRM_EXPORT_79686028611940_20190502_153150194.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_83192447916123_20190502_170454883.jpeg
Hey guys bring this thread back to life, can you please provide me where the bolts were purchased and and which kind were they? I’m looking to mount my spoiler today or tomorrow. Also, any input on the dogbone brackets? Are they a must for the anderson composite’s gt350r wing?
Thaks fellas
Sponsored

sduan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Senmu
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost premium
I have a same situation!! Would you mind to send the link where you got the hardware? Thanks in advanced!!!

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
+1, looking for the same info

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey guys bring this thread back to life, can you please provide me where the bolts were purchased and and which kind were they? I’m looking to mount my spoiler today or tomorrow. Also, any input on the dogbone brackets? Are they a must for the anderson composite’s gt350r wing?
Thaks fellas
I have a same situation!! Would you mind to send the link where you got the hardware? Thanks in advanced!!!
+1, looking for the same info
I actually have some screws, lock washer, and washers ordered that I can put together and sell to those who are still looking for the screws set for the Anderson Composite GT350R spoiler. Let me know if you all are still interested. I can post some pictures of it in the next few days when the storm passes here.

As for the blind hole markers, its not needed, but you can get creative. It is difficult to locate the those markers, but if you have the screws, you can use it as markers. Just masked the mouthing location of the spoiler on the trunk, put screw in the spoiler, use nail polish/toothpaste/ or something pasty, and lay on top of where you want the spoiler to go. Another way to mask the area off, place spoiler on the trunk, trace the area, get double sided tape and tape the screw holes under the spoiler (place the tape over the holes with only a small amount of the corner touching the outside of the holes), then place the spoiler back on the trunk and the theory is that the doubled side tape should stay on the area with more surface area (your trunk). Not as accurate, but that depended on your eyes and placement of your tape :)

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I actually have some screws, lock washer, and washers ordered that I can put together and sell to those who are still looking for the screws set for the Anderson Composite GT350R spoiler. Let me know if you all are still interested. I can post some pictures of it in the next few days when the storm passes here.

As for the blind hole markers, its not needed, but you can get creative. It is difficult to locate the those markers, but if you have the screws, you can use it as markers. Just masked the mouthing location of the spoiler on the trunk, put screw in the spoiler, use nail polish/toothpaste/ or something pasty, and lay on top of where you want the spoiler to go. Another way to mask the area off, place spoiler on the trunk, trace the area, get double sided tape and tape the screw holes under the spoiler (place the tape over the holes with only a small amount of the corner touching the outside of the holes), then place the spoiler back on the trunk and the theory is that the doubled side tape should stay on the area with more surface area (your trunk). Not as accurate, but that depended on your eyes and placement of your tape :)
thanks for your inputs. Really helpful! For the bolt size, I found that to be M6-1.0 x 16mm so finding that shouldn't be an issue. Also, AC sells the install template for $10, but its OOS for now. What you suggested would work as well, but the template just gives little bit more confidence in doing this install.

Sponsored

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Thaks fellas
Bolts are 6mm x 20mm. Currently, we are out of stock for the drill template. There are some how-to videos online if needed for spoiler installations.

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Bolts are 6mm x 20mm. Currently, we are out of stock for the drill template. There are some how-to videos online if needed for spoiler installations.
Thanks! Do you recommend double sided tape on the base for added stability? Like adding little 3M double sided tape, not covering the entire mounting base.

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Thanks! Do you recommend double sided tape on the base for added stability? Like adding little 3M double sided tape, not covering the entire mounting base.
Yes. the added stability and also help prevent moisture from getting into mounting holes.
Sponsored