Sponsored

Hello — New Bullitt owner

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not really planning mods on the Bullitt at this time. I did add a hood strut lift kit and a Green air filter from Steeda. Primarily looking to keep it stock, however, we all know how that works out🤔
Yeah, that’s what we all said at the start. But.….
Sponsored

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Out for an evening stroll in Milan, Italy last September and came upon a Bullitt dowtown. Interesting short discussion with the owner. Unfortunately, sales tax, ongoing yearly taxes, and gas prices around $9/10 a gallon are killers.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
The only mods I have planned for the near future are paint correction + ceramic coating and possibly a catch can.

I almost bought a new GT Premium w/401a but it didn't have magneride or the PP. By getting the Bullitt, I got a lot of things that I would have need to pursue with a GTP (bigger wheels, bigger brakes, lower ride height, more power, etc) and it cost less.

@NGOT8R -- what have you done to yours? I'll have to smog mine starting in 2025 and then every 2 years after that.

Sonny
how come your new baby has the clear tail lights like our export bullits not the red ones like the domestic bullitts?
Any idea how this happened?

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
how come your new baby has the clear tail lights like our export bullits not the red ones like the domestic bullitts?
Also look like 2015 shape, ie: straight instead of c shaped

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Paint correction would be nice to have. I wish I had done that with mine, even though it only has just under 7K miles. I drove it 1300+ from Kansas City to Florida a year and a half ago and acquired a few chips along the way.

The mod bug bit me hard the moment I got the car, so setting it up for better straight line performance took a front seat to anything else. I keep telling myself I’m done with mods, but I might be lying to myself, lol. Here are the mods I’ve done so far:

Steeda Parts

- Subframe braces
- Diff. bushing kit with through bolt kit (black bushings)
- Subframe bushing supports
- Hardcore diff. bracket
- Subframe alignment kit
- Adj. rear camber arms
- RLCA Spherical bearings
- Adj. toe links
- Billet vertical links (delrin bushings)
- 1 piece driveshaft
- Driveshaft safety loop
- Tri-ax Race shifter
- Adj. motor mounts (set to drag race configuration)
- Idler and tensioner pulleys

Other suspension/drivetrain components

- KellTrac Ultra Spec Viking Inverted double adjustable rear shocks
- Forgestar D5 17X10 beadlock drag wheels with 305/45/17 MT ET Street Radials and 18X5 front runner with MT radials
- Ram Pro Street Twin Disc Cerametalic clutch with lightened aluminum flywheel
- Built MT82-D4 transmission with Cryo and WPC treated hard parts, carbon fiber lined synchros and a Setrab external fluid pump for cooling purposes
- Hitmaster 2 Stage Hydraulic Clutch Hit Control System (controls the amount of fluid and slip to the clutch via valving and programmable digital launch and shift timers). See link here for details on this system functions: https://grannys.tripod.com/hitmaster.html
- Ford Performance half shafts

Engine/bolt on mods

- Ultimate Headers catted long tube headers
- Steeda X-pipe
- Steeda axle back exhaust
- PMAS CAI (no tune required version)

Power adder and tuning

- Nitrous Outlet GT350 plate nitrous system (jetted for 150 hp and E85 fuel) and ProMax progressive controller
- Lund Racing tunes for 93 octane, Flex, E85 and Nitrous
- JMS Boost-a-Pump

Miscellaneous components

- N2MB WOT Box (used in conjunction with Hitmaster 2 Stage Clutch Hit Control System for recommended 7400 rpm launch)

Note: The car makes 469 rwhp/434 rwtq naturally aspirated and 639 rwhp/602 rwtq with nitrous.
Talk to me about that PMAS cold air setup...I have been considering getting one of those. The no tune version like yours. Did you run into any heat soak problems like in traffic? Surging, etc. I was going to add a lexan lid to my Bullitt airbox but might add the PMAS first.
Thanks!
Bullitt #4321
PS, That is a FINE looking car ya got there too!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
These are what was on the car when I bought it. I noticed right away that they had been changed but I also like the look. I didn't realize that there were multiple generations of the euro taillights though. I'll have to check that out. Thanks, @Bulutt .

Sonny

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Talk to me about that PMAS cold air setup...I have been considering getting one of those. The no tune version like yours. Did you run into any heat soak problems like in traffic? Surging, etc. I was going to add a lexan lid to my Bullitt airbox but might add the PMAS first.
Thanks!
Bullitt #4321
PS, That is a FINE looking car ya got there too!
Thanks! I haven’t noticed any heat soak issues with the PMAS. I actually like it a lot. The reason I bought it was to gain adequate clearance for my nitrous, fuel and purge solenoids, as the factory CAI wouldn’t fit.

PMAS now offers a fender mount option too which located the filter in front of the fender well. The only problem I see with that is it will require a little more effort to get to the filter for maintenance, as it may get dirty much quicker than the setup I have.

I did make a couple of modifications to provide more airflow to mine. I did that by removing the snorkel or air scoop from the factory air box, cut it just a bit to make it more compatible with the PMAS filter shroud. I also purchased a 20 degree coupler from PMAS for my air intake tube (tube to throttle body coupler) to angle it downward, as the supplied coupler was straight. Here’s what that looks like.

1686070598308.jpeg

1686070656203.jpeg

I’m going to try out a new PMAS race filter (wire mesh only) that should arrive at my door today. It won’t stay on the car for daily use and will only be installed for use at the drag strip.

1686070869376.jpeg

OP
OP
bullittt

bullittt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3205
Just noticed that the dealer put 40 psi in each tire. That seems a bit high based on what I'm reading. I'll adjust and go for another drive. Always good to go for another drive. 😁

There's so many cool features of this car. I sure love that active exhaust. It's great on Quiet while in the neighborhood and then I can turn it up!

Sonny

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
@Turbo23, yes, there is some rev hang when coming to a stop. You can hear it in this startup video after the three revs. It settles down to normal idle, but to me, it seems a little longer than a car without a PMAS. After several hundred miles of driving, the rev hang seemed to disappear. I think with a recent KAM reset, I’m going to have to let that process run it’s course again. With that being said, I don’t regret purchasing the PMAS at all.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Lots of mods but tried to keep it looking as if it could have come like that from the factory.
IMG_1114.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: