Hellloooooo A10. Why didn't I upgrade sooner

Changes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Fastback Ecoboost
Love my A10! Who's got the time for shift cultch shift clutch all day.. She's my daily driver, always have drive mode when I need it.
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Oh hell, anytime you mention transmission you get this same argument. My first car was a 4 speed manual, and I loved it. My second car was a 4 speed automatic, and I loved it. I wanted my 3rd car to be a 6 speed manual, but ended up with a 6 speed auto, and glad I did, and I loved it. My current car is a 6 speed manual because I couldn't get the A10, and I love it.
The point is, I'm AT/MT. I'm happy with either.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
I am an older guy (77), been driving manual transmissions for 62 years. I can take it or leave it, the thrill is long gone. I will always love a good handling and performing car, but the transmission just doesn't matter any more, I'll take whatever is fastest.... except for CVT (hate them).
I'll bet you the same reason you hate CVTs is the same reason I hate automatics... I'm curious to see why you hate them...

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
A friend of mine has a BMW M4. In a drag race I would stand no chance against him. .....

That's why I still have, and use, a photo darkroom. A modern digital camera will always 'win', but nothing in the world compares to that magic moment when you see the image appearing gradually in the developer tray - an image that's 100% the result of your skill, not the product of a Japanese computer. Not to me, anyway. Life isn't always about winning. :)
So which camera captures your buddy's rear license plate more accurately? :giggle: :bandit:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
They can't handle power and break very easily even at stock levels? Neither of which can be said of modern TC transmissions like the 10R80. They also make you feel like you're driving with a severely slipping clutch, which manufacturers try to mitigate by putting in artificial "shift points". Again, not an issue with the 10R80.
Nicely stated. I would add that they have a certain lag factor because the engine rpm has to increase in order to change the "gear ratio", which is kind of the opposite of what is normal.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If it was my exclusive daily I could see the advantages of the auto. I get a lot of calls and texts and even at a light, it's a bear with a stick. I'm lucky that I've got a light clutch feel and it's a 2nd car but driving to work in bumper to bumper I am sure would get old fast
that and there's no comparison between a shelby manual and a GT manual. Camaro Manual is pretty awesome also which is what I'm used to.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I just find it hilarious that a very few doopy people still making comments like you made. Comedy Central should be getting in touch with you very soon.:facepalm:Manly stick......Who says sh!t like that?:giggle:

I find it equally hilarious that doopy people, can't take a joke. Looking aground in 2020. With all the feelings worn on the shirt sleeves, it begins to make sense.

I will not conform, and never be PC, you could drive a mule train for all I care.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So which camera captures your buddy's rear license plate more accurately? :giggle: :bandit:
A digital one, of course. 😁
By the time I set the exposure, focus manually using the optical rangefinder, and take the picture, he's long gone. :giggle:
Not to mention that it can be weeks, sometimes months, until I get to see the finished photo. :blush:
But that's all part of the fun.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, sure, I know all those tricks, and I used to employ them back in the days when film was king. I also used to have an EOS 1V, which had the fastest autofocus of its era, with fourty-five focus points and automatic real-time refocusing on moving subjects. And it could shoot up to ten frames per second. It would go through an entire film in three and a half seconds. :giggle:
But now I find a mechanical rangefinder much more fun.
Shooting everything at f/8 or higher is boring. A backlit portrait shot at f/1.4 with just one eye in focus makes for a much more interesting picture. :)
When I want, or need, to shoot fast, I'll use the digital SLR. Or my iPhone for that matter. They're much better at that. There's no point in being a bigot; I'll use the best tool for the job. :)

Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I find it equally hilarious that doopy people, can't take a joke. Looking aground in 2020. With all the feelings worn on the shirt sleeves, it begins to make sense.

I will not conform, and never be PC, you could drive a mule train for all I care.
Never be politically correct. Just be funny every once in a great while.
Sponsored

Last edited: