Sponsored

Hellion Street Sleeper // On3 owners; A Few Questions Please!

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
@15GTPP , any concerns about the low hanging components? one member here says debris and stuff can damage lines and fittings underneath. i guess another gt350 guy had to get his car towed bc something hit some kind of oil line or something while driving. thoughts?
I believe those issues were with the previous style oil pump tank that would hang in the middle. Hellion replaced that tank with two small tanks that go on the bottom of each turbo. Iā€˜m stock ride height but I have no worries of hitting anything down there.

42EE0739-E633-4713-B0BE-26438FF49C99.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
huge fan of the Hellhorse kit. Recently had a new personal best at 9.5et 154mph soft 1.760ft @16psi in 2000DA. went to launch hard with transbrake to drop the 60ft. and broke an axle but had it done a 1.3 60ft im sure id have seen an 8.8 pass.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
huge fan of the Hellhorse kit. Recently had a new personal best at 9.5et 154mph soft 1.760ft @16psi in 2000DA. went to launch hard with transbrake to drop the 60ft. and broke an axle but had it done a 1.3 60ft im sure id have seen an 8.8 pass.

Were you still running the stock half shafts? Nice mph!

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I went through the same decision about a year ago and I decided to go with the Hellion kit because I felt the customer support and quality of the kit made the higher price bearable. From a performance standpoint I think all kits will perform great. From a heat standpoint I would much prefer to have the heat down low. The main disadvantage of the the low mount kit is having to run a scavenge pump which adds moving parts that can fail. I am running the JB Precision 62/66 on my 2015. If can afford the more expensive kit and you plan to upgrade items like wastegates and turbos in the future I would just go with the hellion kit. The Aldo Weld kit appears to be a great option as well but I think it is more expensive than the hellion kit. Good Luck.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
4k and it'll hold pretty much most you'll throw at it...

The fun of mustangs is that 4k wouldn't even get you a stage 2 trans in anything anywhere near as fast from the modern euro or japanese competitors
Try Cantu Racing for quality you pay for. @canturacing48 on Instagram, he might dm you back, he's got a great TEAM.

Sponsored

OP
OP

exxit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 RaceRed GT 10r80
I went through the same decision about a year ago and I decided to go with the Hellion kit because I felt the customer support and quality of the kit made the higher price bearable. From a performance standpoint I think all kits will perform great. From a heat standpoint I would much prefer to have the heat down low. The main disadvantage of the the low mount kit is having to run a scavenge pump which adds moving parts that can fail. I am running the JB Precision 62/66 on my 2015. If can afford the more expensive kit and you plan to upgrade items like wastegates and turbos in the future I would just go with the hellion kit. The Aldo Weld kit appears to be a great option as well but I think it is more expensive than the hellion kit. Good Luck.
I've since landed on aldo welds top mount with a full relocation of stuff in the engine bay. They were willing to work with me on coming up with a hood exit setup. This is a mirror of the kit on the midnight performance mustang. My builder just can't stomach the down low turbos in the off chance that water gets involved and the heat fluctuations cause welds/housings to crack.

Their price was right with everything minus the downpipes. Not sure where people are getting the "expensive" idea; it is a pretty standard top mount price at 11k all together with a discount if parts are missing (like im my case). Needless to say; I'll do a build thread on here when that time comes. Now we begin amassing the parts for a spring 2021 install and tune

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I've since landed on aldo welds top mount with a full relocation of stuff in the engine bay. They were willing to work with me on coming up with a hood exit setup. This is a mirror of the kit on the midnight performance mustang. My builder just can't stomach the down low turbos in the off chance that water gets involved and the heat fluctuations cause welds/housings to crack.

Their price was right with everything minus the downpipes. Not sure where people are getting the "expensive" idea; it is a pretty standard top mount price at 11k all together with a discount if parts are missing (like im my case). Needless to say; I'll do a build thread on here when that time comes. Now we begin amassing the parts for a spring 2021 install and tune
I am anxious to hear how you like it. I don't think water is an issue with the low mount kits but I doubt most people with twin turbo coyotes drive them in the rain much. What turbos did you go with? Seems like the hood exit makes the kit much simpler. The hardest part of the top mount kit is getting the down pipes back under the car. I would think rain would be an issue with the hood exit as well.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I really like the oil drain reservoirs located behind the turbos (compared to the original in the center reservoir).

My question to those with the Hellion Sleeper is where does the torque start to make itself known? I would love to have the best of both worlds, i.e., good low-end and we all know the Coyote is going to have an amazing mid- and top-end hit with any kind of FI.

I realize how much boost you dial in will have an affect on the low end, so I would "assume" running a boost controlled set point of 7-8 arounds?

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
AS somone who has the hellion top mount and installed it myself first turbo ive ever installed btw. It was a super easy install and instrustions were clear and precise . the only disadvantage i hate is the posision of the down pipes they hang soo low. Lil bit of heat soak but managable with heat wrap and turbo blanket

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I talked to Hellion today, told me noticeable torque hit starts at 2,500 and is at full torque by 3,500, using 7-8 psi.

Was told at 7-8 psi, would develop about 650 WHP on pump gas.

Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
OP
OP

exxit

Threads