Sponsored

Heatshield products on gt350 intake manifold

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
Is anyone use the heat shield product on their gt350 manifold. I'm curious to see if and how much it lowers inlet air temps and how much does it help or hurt the car. Supposedly it kept the car 5-10 degrees cooler and it gained almost 9 hp on a gt350, so I'm wondering what I'd do on a regular gt. Hopefully the same.

[ame]
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I've only found it at summit for 89$ plus shipping. Seems steep for what it is. Maybe a forum vendor will start to sell them.

OP
OP
BLUEIVYS550

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
I've only found it at summit for 89$ plus shipping. Seems steep for what it is. Maybe a forum vendor will start to sell them.
If it does what it says. Notice I said IF. Then for IAT to run 5-10 degrees cooler and gain 8-12 hp from a cooler IM while helping prevent heat soak. $89 is relatively cheap for what it does. That's a 3rd the price of a CAI and extremely cheap compared to an exhaust, which will get you the same amount of hp (without a tune) as this simple mod. Not necessarily comparing apples to apples but you get my point

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
A dollar a horsepower seems like a bargain. Cooler air is always good.

Sponsored

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am going to try the DEI reflective sheet part number. It is a 24" x 24". It has a peel and stick backing on it. You can find it for about $29 online.

I actually bought their 36" x 48" sheet. So I can also wrap my air box and intake tube.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I am going to try the DEI reflective sheet part number. It is a 24" x 24". It has a peel and stick backing on it. You can find it for about $29 online.

I actually bought their 36" x 48" sheet. So I can also wrap my air box and intake tube.
:thumbsup:

That's what I have.

60.00 for someone to cut it.:frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Thinking of doing this, how easy is it to remove the stock intake manifold, put this heat shield on and then refit the intake manifold? Anything to be careful with or any general hints for the removal and re-install?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
While the product itself works at blocking/reflecting heat, I can't imagine that it does anything to the performance of the vehicle it's installed on.

For one, the computer will not be able to see any drop in IAT temps from this (to say add timing) as that sensor is in the MAF itself and thus not affected by this. Second, the incoming air travels are very high speeds, so it will spend very little time in the manifold itself and thus won't really have time to absorb heat. So while the manifold plastic itself may run a few degrees cooler, the air going into the head runners won't be affected at all by that reduction in the manifold shell temperature.

So I can't really see how this makes any sort of meaningful or measurable gains on a dyno unless the car is setup with an IAT2 sensor like in supercharged cars which may see a degree or two difference in temp and thus add another degree of timing for 2hp gain if that.
Sponsored