Heated/cooled seats vs Recaro

Lazzrus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Shelbygt350 coming soon
Hello everyone. I am going to be buying a 2019 GT350 very soon. I have heard the recaros are great but all of the cars I have found that are in my price range and area all have the heated and cooled seats. This will be a daily driver for me and I will probably travel some on it when I go out of town. I also have a bad back. So I am thinking the heated/cooled seats are the better option for me? I dont plan on tracking this car so is there a real need for the recaro? Thoughts and advice?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hello everyone. I am going to be buying a 2019 GT350 very soon. I have heard the recaros are great but all of the cars I have found that are in my price range and area all have the heated and cooled seats. This will be a daily driver for me and I will probably travel some on it when I go out of town. I also have a bad back. So I am thinking the heated/cooled seats are the better option for me? I dont plan on tracking this car so is there a real need for the recaro? Thoughts and advice?
The heated/cooled sport seats are wayyyyyy more comfortable than the recaros for daily driving. I was lucky to have visited two different dealerships that had a car with sport seats and Recarosā€™s so I could go between the two and make my decision.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
If you are fat, get the heated and cooled seats. If you are normal sized or skinny get the Recaros. They are miles better than the standard seats and if you are going for a GT350 I guess you won't be cruising up and down the boulevard in it, you will be driving it hard and you will appreciate the extra support.

The Recaros here in the UK are electric moving backwards and forwards, up and down. They also have a manual lumbar adjustment and manual recline, so they are really easy to get comfy in.

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If you are tall, do not get the Recaros. I'm 6'6" and I can't comfortably fit in them. If you don't track it, I can't think of a single reason why you'd want the Recaro seats unless you've sat in them before and know you're going to like the fit. Otherwise, go for the comfy chairs.

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Iā€™m 6 ā€˜ 1ā€ and 200 pounds. When I was searching for my car I never considered the comfort seats. I love my Recaros . I most likely will never track my car, but do drive it aggressively on the street and nothing beats them for keeping you in place. Having never sat in the comfort seats, my opinion may be different. I do not regret for a second that I have the Recaros and I too have a bad back. Having sat in them for up to 3-1/2 hours, my back has never protested.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Agreed. The comfort seats are terrible if you are normal weight. You move around so much in them it's a slip and slide. However, the Recaros could be even more snug for me if I'm being completely honest as I'm 6'1" 175 lbs and used to tiny Recaros and Bride seats in my 90s Japanese cars.

The Recaros will make you feel more confident exploring the limits of the car in the corners.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am 5'8 and 205 lbs so I have a wide frame and Recaros of all stripes are absolute hell on my back. They squeeze too much on the lats and cause me pain within a few minutes in the seat. The GT350 Recaros are no exception. I had to power through the pain during the GT350 Track Attack but it isn't something that I would want to live with in my car.

I find that the "comfort" heated and cooled seats offer more than enough support and bolstering for me. But again, I have a wide frame so they are snug on me. Your experience may vary.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
If you have a bad back donā€™t get the Recaros.
I guess it depends on what ails youā€™re back, but my Recaros is give me better support for my lower back and neck then my daily driver.

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I get plenty of support from my comfort seats and they are way more comfortable (hence the term) than the Recaro seats. More adjustable, ability to slide back on exit and return on startup, just a better seat period.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
It really depends on you obviously which you can gather from the myriad of responses. The Recaros for me and my body type feels like someone is holding you and keeping you in positionā€”I wouldnā€™t have any other seat, but it is all based on your frame and body type so go to a dealer and try them.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Recaro or nothing.

MNGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350 base comp orange
Recaros are manual adjust, thinner, more analog and old school. Probably weigh a substantial bit less. no added heaters/coolers, no little electric motors to move the seat around, add complexity and break someday. That stuff matters to some people, not so much to others.
Sponsored