b058038

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
none
After reading all this, wanted to check my module and connector. I have a 2017 GT Premium built March 2017. Appears the module is original and the same as others having problems. What's different, is the connector has the extra ground wire already installed (you can see in the pic each of the 12 slots are wired, unlike the burned out ones), and the 2 grounds share the same color wire (black/blue).

So a change was made to the connector to add the second ground wire sometime before March 2017. Thought I'd share.

2B31F4AD-1566-46FE-BAC8-5DD03FD6F800.jpeg

9F713A8D-D8F3-4DB4-9DC9-C04C15629C43.jpeg

44BBFD7F-F7DC-4C12-BF0D-DA899A2A655B.jpeg
Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
came across this in case it helps anyone

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
So today in the UK we had a bit of snow and me n the wife went for a meal, she pops the heated seat on and the cabin filled up with a burning plastic smell... I remember reading this thread and Lowe and behold the ground wire was partially melted and red hot to touch.

Looks like I need to apply this fix. Thanks for the advice and part number to the OP...

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
So today in the UK we had a bit of snow and me n the wife went for a meal, she pops the heated seat on and the cabin filled up with a burning plastic smell... I remember reading this thread and Lowe and behold the ground wire was partially melted and red hot to touch.

Looks like I need to apply this fix. Thanks for the advice and part number to the OP...
I've just searched for the connector on Google and this has come up...

https://www.f150forum.com/attachmen...t-working-m-scme-ground-wire-modification.pdf

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Glad I have the Recaro's!

Sponsored

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
How common is this exactly? Is it a certainty that all 2015 and 16 models will eventually share this fate?

I have no mechanical ability whatsoever so if mine failed are their mechanics out there who can Solder the wires together with the new connector?

I have a tiny slight discoloration on my pigtail and am paranoid lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How common is this exactly? Is it a certainty that all 2015 and 16 models will eventually share this fate?

I have no mechanical ability whatsoever so if mine failed are their mechanics out there who can Solder the wires together with the new connector?

I have a tiny slight discoloration on my pigtail and am paranoid lol
It’s common.

As far as the questions about the repair - it’s very easy to do. There’s the tech in here that can help guide you and I’m sure there are many YT vids showing how to “de-pin” a Ford connector as well as how to splice wiring.

You do not have to have mechanical skills at all. As long as your battery is disconnected when your working on the wiring, there are no issues. You’re also essentially just tying back the same colored wires to what you cut out when replacing a Ford pigtail.

Yes, there are shops, Ford Service Centers, etc. that can make the repair if it’s needed. Labor rates depending on where you are at can be anywhere from $80-$120 per hour. So you could do it yourself to save the labor cost and just have $$ invested in the cost of parts.

If your connector is showing any signs of discoloration, like browning - it is not good and should be repaired.
Sponsored