2016 mustang GT
That’s good to hear, I have my replacement plug ordered
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
has anyone who performed the fix with the TSB replacement plug had any further issues over time?
Man, that could be a fire hazard. Which plug is that? Under the driver's seat? By the way, I didn't have any issues after resetting both modules, and not leaving the cooling function on for hours.

The Shape

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Man, that could be a fire hazard. Which plug is that? Under the driver's seat? By the way, I didn't have any issues after resetting both modules, and not leaving the cooling function on for hours.
It’s located under the passenger seat at the very front, can’t believe it hasn’t been a recall item.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It’s located under the passenger seat at the very front
Thanks man. Will check it one of these days then, since I only checked the ones under my seat. I guess it's the largest connector, no? Or might as well remove them all, to check them out. What do you think the issue was? Maybe the pin backed out when factory connected the modules? But if pin was inserted all the way, then definitely a legitimate defect on either the wiring size, or connector type. But I haven't read of anything on that until your case, so probably a fluke somehow. But glad nothing happened.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Thanks man. Will check it one of these days then, since I only checked the ones under my seat. I guess it's the largest connector, no? Or might as well remove them all, to check them out. What do you think the issue was? Maybe the pin backed out when factory connected the modules? But if pin was inserted all the way, then definitely a legitimate defect on either the wiring size, or connector type. But I haven't read of anything on that until your case, so probably a fluke somehow. But glad nothing happened.
Ford used one ground wire for the heat/cool system and left one unused. When you run the system it overheats and burns the ground. The new connector uses two ground connections. Nothing backed out of the original pin, it simply wasn't used.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oh, so do you think my 2019 Bullitt has 2 grounds now? Hope so. I got the soft DTC when I used cooling extensively, so hopefully nothing happened, but it's worth checking, once I remove the cover from the car (it's hibernating now). No smell, and both functions on both seats work fine, so that's good news.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, can somebody post a picture pointing where exactly that connector is while installed? I have the passenger seat all the way up and back right now, and couldn't see any freaking module under the passenger seat, so don't know where that connector goes, to check it out. There are a couple of those large (12-wire) connectors, so need to which to pull. Thank you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t know if the attached image will help, but this is of the 2015-2017 passenger seat:

50B053C7-3402-4996-A3C8-74AECF7790DE.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It’s located under the passenger seat at the very front, can’t believe it hasn’t been a recall item.
It won’t be a recall unless S550 owners go to the NHTSA site and log complaints about it. Enough logged complaints with back up facts will initiate an investigation, which could result in a recall.

File it here:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

IMO, it’s a potential fire hazard.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I carefully checked all connectors under my passenger seat, and there's NO connector like the one posted above (with 12 wires). There are 3 large connectors, but none like that, and no light gray panel either. My 2019 seat is definitely different, since there's no such connector. Am I in the clear for that defect, or is it a different connector? Will wait for photographic evidence of exactly which connector, and where it is, to make double sure my seat doesn't have it. The third large connector is waaaay behind the seat, but it's not that large. I can see 6 wires there, I think, but would have a heck of a time reaching it, and being able to disconnect it. Hopefully somebody will post a picture of the actual connector soon (no pictorials or graphs, please).

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think I misunderstood that the ground issue could be under the passenger seat; it doesn't make sense, at least on my car, since there's no module under there. Having said that, raised the driver's seat again, and my module has a different part number than both mentioned: JU5T-14C708-BL. What the heck? Is it a 'good' module? Thx.

bigfish3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible, ex 2016
I bought my 2016 ecoboost convertible used from the local Mercedes Benz dealership.

The seat hvac was not working when I bought,

The dealer fixed it, and other things that I discovered.

The Ford replacement part on the work order is listed as:
MBEU5Z14A699C, if you drop the MB, the ford part is EU5Z14A699C.

A google search reveals that this is a harness. average cost about $70.

I'm sure that this will be going to the dealer in a year or so.

In the meantime, I am going to the NHTSA site to file a complaint as suggested earlier in this thread.

It may not help, but I can spare 15 minutes, it might help the next guy....

bigfish3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Vehicle(s)
This is what was on my work order:

#1 91MBZS SEATS INTERNAL GUEST STATES HAVC FOR FRONT SEATS NOT GETTING COLD OR HOT BURN CONNECTOR GOING TO THE HVAC CONTROL UNIT UNDER THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT.

I STARTED OFF MY CHECKING POWER TO THE HVAC MODULE TO SEE IF THERE WAS A SHORT BEFORE THE CONTROL UNIT. I REMOVED THE SEAT AND HVAC MODULE TO CLEAN THE PINS ON IT THAT WERE AFFECTED BY THE CONNECTOR.

AFTER THAT I REPLACED SEAT HARNESS THAT GOES TO THE HVAC CONTROL MODULE.

I THEN PUT THE SEAT BACK IN AND CLEARED THE CODES. BOTH THE HEATED AND AIR CONDITIONED FUNCTION OF THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SEAT WORK.

Qty Part Number Description Unit Total
1 MBEU5Z14A699C WIRE ASSY INTERNAL TOTAL PARTS: 0.00

bigfish3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Vehicle(s)
NHTSA complaint filed.

This took less than 10 minutes...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm positive Ford changed all of that at some point, probably with the 2018 redesign. My 2019 Bullitt does NOT have any modules under the passenger seat. It has 2 big connectors by the front of the seat, and a small module at the very rear of the seat. And a TED unit in the middle. The only module is under the driver's seat. I removed it months ago to check all connectors, and all looked good, even after a trip where I used the cooled seats for hours (back of the seat got super hot), so no need to do it again. I still have the seats all the way up, since I haven't driven the car. If there's anything to check on the passenger seat on 2018+ cars, please let me know which connector :). Thank you.
Sponsored