Sponsored

Headlights/DRL Turning On & Off

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I tried my best to read through the many threads but couldn't find an answer. I have the RTR grille and lights connected. I haven't had an issue with the actual RTR lights but I am having issues with the car headlights and DRLs.
At times the headlight wont turn on but the DRLs will and sometimes the headlight will turn on but the DRL wont turn on. This happened in November of last year and I took it to Ford. Ford claims the RTR lights caused this issue on the opposite side of where the issue is this time. They worked on something electrical and the issue was fixed. I had them check the other side (side that is now giving me issues) and they claim it was fine, no issues.
I got with RTR and they sent me a replacement set of lights since they have a two year warranty and I got them put on sometime last month. And now, I have the issue I had in November on the opposite side. I guess I want to know if the RTR lights really can be causing these issues or if there is something else that can be the issue. Also, if you notice, one headlight is brighter than the other. It could be that that HID is less potent but I haven't swapped out HIDs from the other side to this one to check yet. I ordered Diode Dynamics HIDs from American Muscle in case the HID is the issue itself.
So sorry for the long post, just trying to get my situation down as best as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, trying to avoid going to Ford and getting charged another $400 to get this fixed.

Fully Working.jpg

Passenger DRL Off.jpg

Working.jpg
Sponsored

NICK5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NICK
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Im having the same exact issue. did you ever resolve it or anyone know a solution?