Sponsored

Heading to dragstrip tonight 9-29-17 Guesses ??

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
On a normal basis I would do Muncie when I used to dragrace . I won't take this car there . It's too dirty. Can't stand the stone road you pull in on.
We're heading to US131 in Martin Michigan. 2 hours exactly from Fort Wayne . Muncie 1.5hrs. Martin is so clean and at least when I ran bikes they would prep track a couple different times during test night which is tonight.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
This was me on a 4 inch stretched bolt on only zx14 at the track I'm going to tonight. 35 secs in. Was invited to a track day and someone video'd this run of me. If you've dragrace then you know a 9.0 @148 is getting out hard on only 4 inch over bike . Stock gearing is so tricky not to bog which I did .

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm not likely as experienced as you at the strip - I've certainly never run 9s - but I do know that it's typical to gain or at least lose practically no MPH with some wheel-spin, as long as you don't get out of it completely or bog.

I know you feel that you did well on that Hellcat but I'd love to see an even race - beers on it looking very different.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
All bench racing aside - I think this is the only video I've ever linked that was ACTUALLY in Mexico. ;)

[ame]

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
120 is still good for just an intake and tune on e85, would like to see a few more passes to see what she can really trap. Thanks for posting up your results!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Stanglife- so we can get past the hellcat video you saw, it was explained on the discription exactly why I was that close. He jumped me, he knew it let out and hit it again. But it was so quick he only drifted to my side mirror . What you here on the engine is his 2nd to third shift. We started around 50mph . Our 2nd year will do 80-82mph. His (I'd have to look up exact again ) but 60?? So he was right at the verge of shifting right from the start. Watch it again with this in mind and you'll hear it. This car was making 663 sae at this time. Heck no I can't pull with that one but It wasnt nearly as bad As I thought it would be. With all that torque , much like the gt500 race , I should have been toast from the get go. Someone mentioned , most don't know this but it's takes hundreds ??? Of hp to leave another hard ( other words but I'd have to go back and look ) lol to that. I've been involved in racing for 30+years. You can criticize but probably over 500 rolls and dead stop street races. I have no reason to not tell you to memory what exactly happended. I showed Burnin another race that was an even start but at 40 which helped the hellcat. Maybe 3-4 between by 130-135 judging by sound of rpms in 4th. I am an honest Christian person. Sometimes when I know I'm right and someone questions me I get defensive. So take my apologies and let's get past the hellcat situation.
Now I have to apologize for my previous post that I deleted. I spun 1st and 2nd and let off and back on in 2nd and then was ok down the rest of track. I watched inside car video. Glad I took it so I can quit with relying on what I thought and base my post on facts. I will post in a bit and you'll see that I was easily down in what the mph could have been. Guessing 190

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Ps- didn't proof read so not sure if my phone made me look retarded

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Stanglife- so we can get past the hellcat video you saw, it was explained on the discription exactly why I was that close. He jumped me, he knew it let out and hit it again. But it was so quick he only drifted to my side mirror . What you here on the engine is his 2nd to third shift. We started around 50mph . Our 2nd year will do 80-82mph. His (I'd have to look up exact again ) but 60?? So he was right at the verge of shifting right from the start. Watch it again with this in mind and you'll hear it. This car was making 663 sae at this time. Heck no I can't pull with that one but It wasnt nearly as bad As I thought it would be. With all that torque , much like the gt500 race , I should have been toast from the get go. Someone mentioned , most don't know this but it's takes hundreds ??? Of hp to leave another hard ( other words but I'd have to go back and look ) lol to that. I've been involved in racing for 30+years. You can criticize but probably over 500 rolls and dead stop street races. I have no reason to not tell you to memory what exactly happended. I showed Burnin another race that was an even start but at 40 which helped the hellcat. Maybe 3-4 between by 130-135 judging by sound of rpms in 4th. I am an honest Christian person. Sometimes when I know I'm right and someone questions me I get defensive. So take my apologies and let's get past the hellcat situation.
Now I have to apologize for my previous post that I deleted. I spun 1st and 2nd and let off and back on in 2nd and then was ok down the rest of track. I watched inside car video. Glad I took it so I can quit with relying on what I thought and base my post on facts. I will post in a bit and you'll see that I was easily down in what the mph could have been. Guessing 190

That's all fine - I don't see it like you do but you know you're right, so that's all that matters....oh and referencing your religion as some kind of proof of honesty, integrity or somehow knowing more than someone else? ok.......

Ps- didn't proof read so not sure if my phone made me look retarded ��
I don't proof many posts for grammar or spelling, but between your pride for street racing as much as you do and your use of the word retarded...to ask if you sound "retarded" - I think that pretty much does it. I don't think we're going to make a love connection here and frankly, I'm OK with that. I'm not much of a PC fanatic but having friends with mentally challenged children makes you realize how certain words can make others feel. Try "daft" next time - it does fit. Have a nice internet.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Love drama don't you? Take care. Ps- a person with a mental handicap is not " retarded" a person with a brain that chooses not to use it is

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Love drama don't you? Take care. Ps- a person with a mental handicap is not " retarded" a person with a brain that chooses not to use it is
No, I just have an intolerance for ignorance. Your definition didn't help you any in that department. Wow.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Not sure what's being argued..a hellcat is clearly more powerful and faster.

120 mph trap with an e85 tune is respectable. With negative DA you might see 122 mph.

IMO

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Stanglife obviously loves pissing matches . My guess is he has no life but the internet. Can't help but feel sorry for him. Being a drama queen must be depressing at times. ☹

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
So what was the ETA and trap? I don't see it posted, unless I'm missing it.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Sorry. I sent Burnin the timeslip. 12.97 @120.19 is off memory . I'm not home to look. Picked up 31 in back half. But you can see first and half of second spinning really screwed me up .
Sponsored