BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I wanted to update everyone on this thread that I may have gotten these headers to work. It took A LOT of banging the metal pipes and heating the pipes red hot but I was able to get it to where it has about a washer sized gap between the steering shaft and header as well as I have a little more clearance now on passenger side after prying on the engine. The BIGGEST thing that helped was getting new motor mounts, steeda ones. This definitely did not increase almost any vibration over stock and it keeps the engine in place. So far so good I am reviewing a WOT log tonight but it felt like all the power was there this time. Still a tight fit but it will have to do for now. One last thing, I also used 2 washers to put under the motor mount on each side of the mount as well as 2 washers on the top bolt that the motor mount bracket sits on. This ultimately gave me just enough clearance to make these work.

please please please... just buy expensive headers as I cannot recommend 2M.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Glad to hear you’re in business. Time to make some beautiful music and power now!

OP
OP
BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear you’re in business. Time to make some beautiful music and power now!
It sings pretty good now! Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Kinda wonder why they didn’t go with 4M or 8M. 2M name makes me think of 3Ms retarded little brother.
Lol 1/2M for half the quality

SmileForTheRearView

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wanted to update everyone on this thread that I may have gotten these headers to work. It took A LOT of banging the metal pipes and heating the pipes red hot but I was able to get it to where it has about a washer sized gap between the steering shaft and header as well as I have a little more clearance now on passenger side after prying on the engine. The BIGGEST thing that helped was getting new motor mounts, steeda ones. This definitely did not increase almost any vibration over stock and it keeps the engine in place. So far so good I am reviewing a WOT log tonight but it felt like all the power was there this time. Still a tight fit but it will have to do for now. One last thing, I also used 2 washers to put under the motor mount on each side of the mount as well as 2 washers on the top bolt that the motor mount bracket sits on. This ultimately gave me just enough clearance to make these work.

please please please... just buy expensive headers as I cannot recommend 2M.
Have any pictures of steering shaft clearance after this?
Sponsored