BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Trust me when I say, I was right where you are not long ago. Sounds like you only need to remove one side, whereas I had to remove both. From looking at the photo you posted, I would suggest using a deep well socket on the long extension and lay it parallel to the primary tube when you tighten the vice. Just grab a $20 propane torch and nozzle at the hardware store and heat it up red hot. Have everything ready to go (vice jaws set at proper the gap to accommodate your header primary and socket), so it won’t have a chance to cool down on you before you’re able to dimple it. You got this!
Thanks! Also, my steering shaft is not happy with the header on drivers side either, but I think I can dent that side while the header is on the car.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks! Also, my steering shaft is not happy with the header on drivers side either, but I think I can dent that side while the header is on the car.
I know it’s not a fun job doing header installs, but I would caution you about trying to dimple the header installed on the car. The last thing you want to do is damage the header bolts or threads in the heads from the excessive force that would be needed to dimple them by hitting them with something. I would just take them both off and do it the right way. While you’re at it, take the time to install the Steeda motor mounts. Another 8-10 hours and you’ll be back on the road in no time. Haha! That’s what the guy on CJ Pony Parts always says.

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Can you fit a pry bar or crow bar between the frame and tube and dimple in more with them still attached.

OP
OP
BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
Can you fit a pry bar or crow bar between the frame and tube and dimple in more with them still attached.
Yes I can, I can hit it with a torch underneath while getting a prybar and hammer from up top. But would that put too much strain on header bolts? I do not want them to snap or weaken.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I would agree with the other posters about taking them off. You could call and talk to a tech where they are manufactured and see what they say. It would suck to dent them up trying to get clearance, and then get denied a refund in the event they won't work.

OP
OP
BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
I would agree with the other posters about taking them off. You could call and talk to a tech where they are manufactured and see what they say. It would suck to dent them up trying to get clearance, and then get denied a refund in the event they won't work.
Yeah 2M does not believe in refunds haha. That is the chance I took, now just gotta make them work.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah 2M does not believe in refunds haha. That is the chance I took, now just gotta make them work.
A little patience and you can maybe get them to work. But make sure you have clearance when the engine torques. I've heard about headers contacting the frame inducing false knock.

OP
OP
BoostN IT

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
A little patience and you can maybe get them to work. But make sure you have clearance when the engine torques. I've heard about headers contacting the frame inducing false knock.
Appreciate it, I am getting a little KR at about 4500 rpm under WOT, but unsure if that can be caused by the tires slipping or not. It is cold outside so I have to pedal it haha

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man don't worry about the Karens saying 'you shoulda bought 1700 buck kooks'. No LTH for the s550 has good clearance, plus ALL 1 7/8ths mandrel bent headers make the same hp increases. You could always loosen the factory motor mounts, and give it some wiggle room and retighten. You could even check the alignment on the factory k-member. if its way out from the factory, loosen those bolts as well and readjust. You'll be just fine.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
The best headers for the money in my opinion are stainless power. $700 and they fit great

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
No matter what header you get or jury rigging you do. Just get away from those tight clearances. The knock sensors on these cars are sensitive AF.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I agree to turn chicken shit into chicken salad. Go with the Steeda motor mounts or dimple the header more to get the proper clearance.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
FYI, Ultimate Headers won’t clear Steeda’s g trac brace either.
Sponsored