Head gasket ?

Steve8989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-CS
2 videos one is cold start, the 29 second one is me coming back from an hour long drive, not sure because coolant levels are the same, it doesn't smell like anything burning and it's 32 degrees F. Idk just seems like a lot, and while I still have it under warranty rather get it checked if it needs it before I have the warrenty removed and other parts added that would void it regardless.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Water and steam is a byproduct of perfect combustion. Lower temps and humidity promote excellent combustion, and that's when you tend to see such things.

OP
OP
Steve8989

Steve8989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-CS
Water and steam is a byproduct of perfect combustion. Lower temps and humidity promote excellent combustion, and that's when you tend to see such things.
It just seemed off cause it was blowing clouds out the back.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It just seemed off cause it was blowing clouds out the back.
Smell the "smoke" and you will likely have your answer.
Sweet smell = coolant
Oil, oil.
Fuel, fuel
No odor/mild exhaust smell, normal

Coolant oder is very distinctive and on the off chance you have it, quit driving the car. Running burnt coolant through the exhaust is a real easy way to destroy a catalytic converter and those things are not cheap.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Have you not seen cars emit visible exhaust all over the road, especially on cold days?

It's normal operation, unless as previously noted it has a distinct color or smell.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve8989

Steve8989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-CS
Have you not seen cars emit visible exhaust all over the road, especially on cold days?

It's normal operation, unless as previously noted it has a distinct color or smell.
I have but never in that amount looked like a fucking fog machine

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The mustang exhaust piping holds water, the lowest point is not the tips, so you will see more steam out of these. If you think yours is bad try running E85, it does look like a fog machine.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; As others have stated most likely moisture (water) from the exhaust. For example, I changed the antifreeze in my car a couple weeks ago. In the process of flushing the system with distilled water I had to let it run up from cold to operating temperature a few times. Having done this many times in the 23 years i have owned the car I was still surprised one time about the amount of water coming out the exhaust. Made a puddle on the garage floor.
Turned out to be common an ordinary water but di give me pause. I guess the atmospheric conditions were some different than the other times I have done this.
Sponsored