Sponsored

Hawk Performance DTC-70 DTC-60 Track Brake Pads 2020-22 Shelby GT500 (video)

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
  • Banned
Hawk Performance has new track pads for the 2020-2022 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. DTC-70 for the front & DTC-60 for the rear. These are absolutely AMAZING track pads! If you want next level braking, get these track pads from Hawk Performance! I show the pads, install process, bedding process and then take them to the track!

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just curious...Why Hawk Pads over the other options that are more rotor and wheel friendly?

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
Just curious...Why Hawk Pads over the other options that are more rotor and wheel friendly?
A couple local track buddies have custom cut Hawk pads on their GT500s. They got them before the front pads were available for our cars. They both raved about the stopping power. I reached out to Hawk and they said they had some pads coming out for the car. Once available, I got a set and used them at my recent Ozarks weekend. They are fabulous!

The OEM pads are excellent. These are next level for track use!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
A couple local track buddies have custom cut Hawk pads on their GT500s. They got them before the front pads were available for our cars. They both raved about the stopping power. I reached out to Hawk and they said they had some pads coming out for the car. Once available, I got a set and used them at my recent Ozarks weekend. They are fabulous!

The OEM pads are excellent. These are next level for track use!
Ah okay. Just wondering if you had looked into others like Pagid, GLOC, Ferodo, Cobalt etc.

From what I gathered, make sure you clean your wheels right after. For some reason if left on, they don’t clean up so well. I look forward to more reviews

Sponsored

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
just cause someone is going to ask, how are they with dust?
These pads are track pads with an aggressive bite. They have more dust than the OEM pads. These are not street pads though, so dust is not a concern for me, only performance. If someone wanted low to no dust street pads, go with ceramic pads.
Ah okay. Just wondering if you had looked into others like Pagid, GLOC, Ferodo, Cobalt etc.

From what I gathered, make sure you clean your wheels right after. For some reason if left on, they don’t clean up so well. I look forward to more reviews
My wheels are ceramic coated. The thick track dust sat on the wheels for a few days and came right off when I sprayed the wheels with water. I thoroughly cleaned the car once home to include wheel cleaner and a brush. It was no different cleaning the wheels than after a track day with OEM pads.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
@Goose17 so you have done only one event with the hawk pad correct?
I’m interested in your rotor ware. Never really liked hawk pads, I always had excessive rotor ware compared to PF.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
@Goose17 so you have done only one event with the hawk pad correct?
I’m interested in your rotor ware. Never really liked hawk pads, I always had excessive rotor ware compared to PF.
I did the one event (2 track days) at OIR thus far. I have the big brake test coming up in less than two weeks though... going back to COTA, which is extremely hard on brakes.

I talk about rotor wear in the video. Hawk advises not to run the DTC-70 pads on the street. When at cooler street temps, they cause excessive rotor wear.

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
The last time i ran Hawk pads they started cracking and crumbling. Just check on them periodically for peace of mind.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Cryogenic stabilization - rotors & pads, helps.
Gassing the pads, while actually dipping the rotors.
On new parts. Not used.

& Titanium b/p shields - water jet cut.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Cryogenic stabilization - rotors & pads, helps.
Gassing the pads, while actually dipping the rotors.
On new parts. Not used.

& Titanium b/p shields - water jet cut.
Got any links to this info?

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Allow me to start with this.
Based on some other things you've posted. You should be checking your 'Total Indicated Run-out' on your wheels. & since you care about your Braking, & the components you're working with. Check the TIR on the rotors as well.
Hint: A guy should be looking at all the rotating components for run out...
Alum driveshafts, for example, that are brand new & balanced from vendors, are usually 1 of the worst components we EVER seen thru out the yrs for not being true, &/or balanced.

On to ur question.

Ti brake pad shields are most often custom cut from a supplied drawing. 2D. That cat's been out of the bag a long time, so Im sure someone makes um for Brembo application nowdays.
Or.. You supply the materials. & most waterjet shops can do that easily. Thin... < .062"

Usually drop ship pads straight to the Cryo guy.
Ur local Cryo vendor can handle it usually, or else look near Brownsburg (Indiana), or Charlotte.
Gas pads. Dip rotors. Theres a reason we say this.
That said, gassing is still better than not doing anything at all, for Cryo shops who wont dip, do to cost of materials. Its about ~40°/50° F difference. Yet @ over -300°, molecular-ly, 40/50° is a big diff for that temp differential at a molecular level.

There's no "links" in our world.
We/clients prefer vendors who are NOT involved in motorsports, or in a different motorsport than our own. Any aerospace shop that has good QC.

Loose lips, & cameras are in everyones hands nowdays. Anything you teach anyone, or they discover, you will be competing against ur iwn technology, within ~season.
We dont recommend these types of vendors. Shows others we cant keep our own clients interests, protected.

I'll giv ya one name & a direction, you wont find easily for making components wrk better, besides Cryo.
Heard of VSR ?
Bk when we discovered VSR, its most primary app was on the Space Shuttle. So its been a long time.

Before jumping into that arena w/a fist full of cash thou, u do need to feel confident ur chosin a vendor has a grasp on the amplitude for your parts. Aka rotors.

'Vibratory Stress Relief' is a different arena than molecular stabilization,
As its a frequency amplitude relief of the material.

Ive already said enuff by our own standards, but you should be able to muttle your way into what you need, based on the info.
Talkin outside of class gets a guy in conflict w/his clients, when they are paying for privacy, & secrecy.
Most of this stuff mentioned is pretty common knowledge nowdays. Knowin WHO to use is the part thats proprietary more so, once the process has leaked out into others camps.

Your in aviation I believe. So you won't hav any trouble finding a cryo guy, I suspect.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Goose17

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Allow me to start with this.
Based on some other things you've posted. You should be checking your 'Total Indicated Run-out' on your wheels. & since you care about your Braking, & the components you're working with. Check the TIR on the rotors as well.
Hint: A guy should be looking at all the rotating components for run out...
Alum driveshafts, for example, that are brand new & balanced from vendors, are usually 1 of the worst components we EVER seen thru out the yrs for not being true, &/or balanced.

On to ur question.

Ti brake pad shields are most often custom cut from a supplied drawing. 2D. That cat's been out of the bag a long time, so Im sure someone makes um for Brembo application nowdays.
Or.. You supply the materials. & most waterjet shops can do that easily. Thin... < .062"

Usually drop ship pads straight to the Cryo guy.
Ur local Cryo vendor can handle it usually, or else look near Brownsburg (Indiana), or Charlotte.
Gas pads. Dip rotors. Theres a reason we say this.
That said, gassing is still better than not doing anything at all, for Cryo shops who wont dip, do to cost of materials. Its about ~40°/50° F difference. Yet @ over -300°, molecular-ly, 40/50° is a big diff for that temp differential at a molecular level.

There's no "links" in our world.
We/clients prefer vendors who are NOT involved in motorsports, or in a different motorsport than our own. Any aerospace shop that has good QC.

Loose lips, & cameras are in everyones hands nowdays. Anything you teach anyone, or they discover, you will be competing against ur iwn technology, within ~season.
We dont recommend these types of vendors. Shows others we cant keep our own clients interests, protected.

I'll giv ya one name & a direction, you wont find easily for making components wrk better, besides Cryo.
Heard of VSR ?
Bk when we discovered VSR, its most primary app was on the Space Shuttle. So its been a long time.

Before jumping into that arena w/a fist full of cash thou, u do need to feel confident ur chosin a vendor has a grasp on the amplitude for your parts. Aka rotors.

'Vibratory Stress Relief' is a different arena than molecular stabilization,
As its a frequency amplitude relief of the material.

Ive already said enuff by our own standards, but you should be able to muttle your way into what you need, based on the info.
Talkin outside of class gets a guy in conflict w/his clients, when they are paying for privacy, & secrecy.
Most of this stuff mentioned is pretty common knowledge nowdays. Knowin WHO to use is the part thats proprietary more so, once the process has leaked out into others camps.

Your in aviation I believe. So you won't hav any trouble finding a cryo guy, I suspect.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your insight. Haven’t heard of any of that before. My brakes will be getting the ultimate test this weekend at COTA. I’m running these Hawk pads there as well as Motul RBF700 brake fluid for the first time.
Sponsored