Sponsored

Haven’t received a confirmation email from ford

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
So my salesman called me and said he spoke with his manager and assured the order is in and the $1k offer is good. Even verified my email address. Still couldn’t provide me with an order number just assurances there is nothing to worry about. Still no email.

I’m clueless as to what’s going on…
I'd use the Ford Performance chat link that is posted here frequently, they can tell you the exact status of your order. My 2 chats with them have both taken less than 2 minutes, and they had exactly what I needed to know.

They won't have info about the $1,000 bonus I don't think, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Sponsored

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
I'd use the Ford Performance chat link that is posted here frequently, they can tell you the exact status of your order. My 2 chats with them have both taken less than 2 minutes, and they had exactly what I needed to know.

They won't have info about the $1,000 bonus I don't think, but doesn't hurt to ask.
I did the chat support but they couldn’t tell me anything because I have no order number or dealer code or something. All they could do is pass along my feedback (frustration) to the dealers management.

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I got my confirmation email within minutes of dealer submission.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I did the chat support but they couldn’t tell me anything because I have no order number or dealer code or something. All they could do is pass along my feedback (frustration) to the dealers management.
When I made my order, I was given two specific sheets to take home:

1. Dealer Order Acknowledgment (DORA)
2. Purchase Agreement.

Below are examples of each.

The DORA sheet has both the Dealer Code (also known as "Sales Code") and the Order Number. If you don't have these sheets in hand, you should be able to ask your Dealer for them.

DORA.jpg

PURCHASE AGREEMENT.jpg

Last edited:

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

2. Purchase Agreement.

The DORA sheet has both the Dealer Code (also known as "Sales Code") and the Order Number. If you don't have these sheets in hand, you should be able to ask your Dealer for them.

DORA.jpg

PURCHASE AGREEMENT.jpg
I remember signing the white sheet with all the options. I didn’t get a copy though.

They did give me a small white receipt slip showing they charged me $500 for the deposit. It didn’t look like yours though.

Edit: Your white sheet says the order has not been submitted yet. So it seems like they’re just sitting on the paperwork if I haven’t gotten my email yet?

Last edited:

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember signing the white sheet with all the options. I didn’t get a copy though.

They did give me a small white receipt slip showing they charged me $500 for the deposit. It didn’t look like yours though.
It sounds like the white sheet you saw with your options might have been your DORA sheet. See if your Dealer can provide you a copy.

My Dealer did a Purchase Agreement form, which documented my deposit, and agreed-upon price and all costs/fees/taxes/licensing/registration/etc that I would pay when the car arrived. I did a Purchase Agreement as a way to help lock in the numbers, so the Dealer couldn't jack up the price on me.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A

Edit: Your white sheet says the order has not been submitted yet. So it seems like they’re just sitting on the paperwork if I haven’t gotten my email yet?
Yeah, the DORA sheet is critical, I assumed you had that information.

Just an FYI, all DORA sheets say the order hasn't been submitted, it's a disclaimer until you get your email.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BINGO! Yes, the sheet I shared in my post above was my PREVIEW ORDER -- the order that sat UNSUBMITTED in my Dealer's system for 10 days. When I went back on day 10 to check (because I was getting crickets and no emails), they were like "oh, looks like we did not (forgot to) submit the Preview Order and convert it into a *real* order." When they did actually submit it on day 10, then it turned into a real order. Note that the Preview Order Number will turn into the real Order Number (it didn't change for me).

So, yes, it is good for you to check to make sure your Dealer actually SUBMITTED the order to Ford!

Last edited:

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yes, for the Ford Performance guys to check they need the dealer number and your order number. The dealer can take a picture of the order screen and send it to you. Incompetent or lazy or ?????

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like the white sheet you saw with your options might have been your DORA sheet. See if your Dealer can provide you a copy.

My Dealer did a Purchase Agreement form, which documented my deposit, and agreed-upon price and all costs/fees/taxes/licensing/registration/etc that I would pay when the car arrived. I did a Purchase Agreement as a way to help lock in the numbers, so the Dealer couldn't jack up the price on me.
0850BA97-DB30-4DDC-9821-79B449F29044.jpeg

salesman sent me this, said he didn’t have the signed copy but I remember this is the same paper I signed.

it clearly says preview all over it

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0850BA97-DB30-4DDC-9821-79B449F29044.jpeg

salesman sent me this, said he didn’t have the signed copy but I remember this is the same paper I signed.

it clearly says preview all over it
Ok, on that sheet you shared, I see this information for your order:

Order Number: C422
Dealer/Sales Code: F71170

With that info, you can talk or chat with Ford Performance at:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

They might be able to give you more information about your order, if it truly has been submitted.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB

2. Purchase Agreement.

My documentation similar!

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, on that sheet you shared, I see this information for your order:

Order Number: C422
Dealer/Sales Code: F71170

With that info, you can talk or chat with Ford Performance at:

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

They might be able to give you more information about your order, if it truly has been submitted.
Thanks looks like I just missed them so I’ll try tomorrow. Still afternoon on the west coast. Appreciate everyone for all the help. I’ll rest a little easier tonight and try to relax.

to be continued…

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
So my salesman called me and said he spoke with his manager and assured the order is in and the $1k offer is good. Even verified my email address. Still couldn’t provide me with an order number just assurances there is nothing to worry about. Still no email.

I’m clueless as to what’s going on…
Didn't they send you a pdf form with the order number on it?

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn't they send you a pdf form with the order number on it?
I haven’t received anything at all.

I had to ask the salesman to send me a picture of the order sheet I posted earlier. I’m suspecting the order isn’t placed yet.
Sponsored