Sponsored

Have you had PPF applied, and how much did it run you? (NJ)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, I'll tell ya, I had major paint chip damage to my front end on the C7. I wish the original owner would have done it.
I had PPF on my GT350 as well, so I'm not saying I haven't done it.

Question is though, how much more would you have paid for the C7 if it had PPF? Assuming it was discounted due to the paint damage as well, you probably got a really good deal on it.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Man, sounds like it's better maybe to skip the stripes altogether. It's a major PITA 🥙.
It really is one of the biggest downsides of the stripes. But I feel it really completes the look of the car so I accept it.

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
I paid just over $2k for 3M PPF. Did the entire front end. Full bumper, fenders, hood, 12 inches on the roof. Car was brand new so no paint correction needed. Florida

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
I had the entire front,good,mirrors,rockers from the front to the rear. I paid $1800 for xpel. Paint correction and ceramic was additional. There is a great place outside Albany, NY. It's a bit of a drive by highly recommend
Could i have the name and address of shop when you get a chance. Been wanting to get it done, haven't known anybody who has had it done and im not far from Albany

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
Jdown.....I sent you a PM

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Out of curiosity -

What is the lifespan of PPF?

On lighter color vehicles, does it ever discolor or say "yellow" over time?

When doing detailing, such as waxing or polishing, do you just skip those panels or do you buff right over them for a matching "sheen" to the unprotected panels?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What is the lifespan of PPF?
My detailer told me mine should be good for 10 years (I have a five year warranty.

On lighter color vehicles, does it ever discolor or say "yellow" over time?
On today’s films no. Mine is going on two plus years and zero issues.

When doing detailing, such as waxing or polishing, do you just skip those panels or do you buff right over them for a matching "sheen" to the unprotected panels?
I have partial PPF and full ceramic. Even close up it’s difficult to tell which panels are which.

shanenyc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
21 mustang GT premium
I had the entire front,good,mirrors,rockers from the front to the rear. I paid $1800 for xpel. Paint correction and ceramic was additional. There is a great place outside Albany, NY. It's a bit of a drive by highly recommend
Just picked up a 21 GT premium in antimatter blue so I’m already stressing the hassle trying to maintain it. I’m in north Jersey myself and Albany is a bit of a drive like you said- how long did it take to get done and where did you wait? Also can you shoot me the info for the place? Dijbfs like a good deal and worth it to get exactly what you listed done.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up a 21 GT premium in antimatter blue so I’m already stressing the hassle trying to maintain it. I’m in north Jersey myself and Albany is a bit of a drive like you said- how long did it take to get done and where did you wait? Also can you shoot me the info for the place? Dijbfs like a good deal and worth it to get exactly what you listed done.
Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum. There is absolutely no need to drive to Albany to get your car done. There are many places in NJ that will do a great job. Try and stay local. It makes it easier if you need to bring your car back in for any reason.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum. There is absolutely no need to drive to Albany to get your car done. There are many places in NJ that will do a great job. Try and stay local. It makes it easier if you need to bring your car back in for any reason.
Here’s a good place to start. I remember them from when I lived in Fairlawn. They are high end so not cheap but a lot of good info on their site. It’s worth a visit.

https://www.illmaticwraps.com/

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
FWIW, I got a PPF done for my Stang in the San Francisco Bay Area and it cost me $6k. It was paint correction, a full body PPF and ceramic on the whole car and wheels.
It would be interesting to see Nashville prices vs San Fran. Everything is expensive in SF. Amazing geography and I can see why people live it there...but $$$.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Here’s a good place to start. I remember them from when I lived in Fairlawn. They are high end so not cheap but a lot of good info on their site. It’s worth a visit.

https://www.illmaticwraps.com/
Here is a quote from Illmatics from 2019 on an S550.

"A partial nose paint protection film install which includes front bumper, full hood, full fenders and mirror caps starts at $3,000 and includes a 3 year warranty on bubbling and peeling and a 10 year manufacture warranty on the material from yellowing or cracking. We use the leading brand in paint protection film - XPEL. The pricing also includes a 2 stage paint correction done on the vehicle prior to installation of the film as well."

I passed on it.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Wow, the going pricing here is like 1500.00 Canadian for a full front in XPEL Ultimate. You guy's can save a lot of money and come here to get it done in Canadian dollars.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s crazy what the difference in price’s are. I was $1200 for Xpel(entire front end, a pillars, mirrors, lower rockers, partial rear quarters, handles, bumper area), and Xpel ceramic tint. This was all Xpel patterns, no hand cutting on the car. Same price and application on both of mine.

Here is a quote from Illmatics from 2019 on an S550.

"A partial nose paint protection film install which includes front bumper, full hood, full fenders and mirror caps starts at $3,000 and includes a 3 year warranty on bubbling and peeling and a 10 year manufacture warranty on the material from yellowing or cracking. We use the leading brand in paint protection film - XPEL. The pricing also includes a 2 stage paint correction done on the vehicle prior to installation of the film as well."

I passed on it.
Sponsored