Sponsored

Have a Bullitt...Should I get a Mach 1 or a GT350 or just keep what I have?

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I can certainly respect that. Modding can lead to a long rabbit hole, one that might require GPS to get back out of, lol.
The go fast game is an expensive one at that. It’ll lead you to many places especially that place where your pockets are empty on a consistent basis😂
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@shogun32 and I went to test drive some cars today and a gt350 was one of them. It was so freaking nice and sounded amazing! 😍

9989294B-A9B7-4980-B60D-F1348B196016.jpeg
So was it you or him that tried pulling that badge off the back … :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
Hi and Happy New Year!

This has probably been extensively discussed here but even after days of reading and watching YT videos, I can't make up my mind.

Let's go back to Feb/March of 2020. I missed my 2016 Mustang GT but not the automatic. I was dead set on getting a manual this time. The Bullitt caught my eye. I liked everything about it...mostly the looks, the exhaust note, and the overall nod to the movie and the 60s muscle car era. I could have done without the digital instrument cluster as the old school round gauge clusters are way more fitting in my opinion. The C-19 disaster had started and due to the uncertainty at that time, I passed on some good deals for brand new 2019 left over Bullitts, ranging between 40k and 42k (sticker pricing was around 51k I think).

The months went by and it became clear that I'd be ok with my job and finances, so I looked back into it. Around September of 2020, I started cross-shopping the Bullitt vs. the GT350. I test drove a 2019 GT350 and what a difference it was! Very responsive and direct steering, light on its feet and tossable, excellent gearbox, and then there was that glorious sound. The one I was looking at was a loaded 2019 GT350 in Magnetic (no stripes) with 2k miles on the clock for $55k including a set of new Pirelli Pilot Supersports to swap for the Cup 2s.

Then deliberations began. Bullitt vs. Shelby...street cruiser vs. race car. Oh boy. Meanwhile, I was observing the Mach 1 news, so there was contender #3 which made the decision even harder. A new Mach 1 would probably be as much as a slightly used Shelby and wouldn't be readily available so I scratched that idea.

Then I let rationale (or stupidness?) take over. I took a Shelby for a final test drive and told myself that if it cleared my driveway (curb), it would be a sign to buy it. It did clear but only by a hair and inching my way in and out of my driveway. I thought about getting ramps but then realized (or convinced myself) that it would be hassle to live with and with the not so great roads in my area, it would kill all the fun.

I convinced myself that the Bullitt would be "enough" for me and the economically smarter and more enjoyable (for frequent driving) choice. I ended up buying one privately. It was a 2019 with about 3k miles and I paid 43,5k. That was in November of 2020. The good deals for new ones were all gone and prices were slowly moving towards an upswing.

I was pretty pumped about my new ride for a while and think it is still fun to drive, no doubt. As it is not my primary vehicle, I always knew I wouldn't be putting a ton of miles on it. However, with mostly working from home as a result of the pandemic, and a small child, I put a laughable 1,300 miles or so on it...in 2 years.

So, fast forward to December of 2022...I am revisiting the idea of a GT350. Last year, I moved and clearing my new drive way should be no problem. What also has changed is the pricing landscape. After shooting up in value significantly, GT350s have started to come down a little but are still priced high. This put the idea of a Mach 1 on my radar again. It has the Tremec and reviews say it handles better than a GT (which my Bullitt essentially is). I have not yet driven one because I am hesitant to spend 15k - 16k to upgrade from my Bullitt. I might as well go straight Shelby then, preferably a 2020 as a Heritage Edition - but those are a whopping 67k - 68k. Add an extended warranty and you hit $70k. Though not a priority, I am also factoring in long term ownership/issues and value retention.

Looong story short: I was wondering if people here who own Mach 1s were in a similar situation and/or what thoughts you had/have?

Thank you!
I think it all depends on what you want to do with the car. If you aren't tracking it, stay with the Bullitt because it is an icon. If you want to track a Mustang, go with the Mach 1, PP2 or GT350, the best that you can find.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
That's the problem. I want to keep my car completely stock. That is part of the charm to me. I know, sounds weird. I used to mod but don't wanna do that anymore. The MT82-D4 is "ok" and mine has zero issues but the Tremec just feels a lot better. I'm really an "experience" guy. Sound, feel, handling, etc. are more important to me than speed or pure performance.

Not In Shawnee but know the area well.
I'm really an "experience" guy. Sound, feel, handling, etc.

Gt350 is the answer

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
My wife has a 21 GT convertible with Magneride and active exhaust. Night and day difference between how her car handles, rides, and sounds compared to my 21 Mach 1, and not in a good way. :sunglasses:

Also, I find it very humorous going to car shows in NH and having GT350 owners immediately telling me how my M1 is only a parts bin car and will never be any good on the track, even after they admit they have never been on the track themselves. I just nod, tell them they have a very nice car, and go look at the other cars at the show. :cwl:
...sounds like a bunch of jerks at the shows

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Fill your MT82 with Liquimolly, it makes a world of difference on that transmission. Good luck with your decision.
I‘ve never heard of this product before. Is is just an additive or an actual tranny fluid? I‘ve heard the MT82 likes thinner fluid.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@shogun32 and I went to test drive some cars today and a gt350 was one of them. It was so freaking nice and sounded amazing! 😍

9989294B-A9B7-4980-B60D-F1348B196016.jpeg
You getting another ride soon?
Sponsored