Sponsored

Has MustangG6 Membership Accelerated Your Purchase?

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
It has not accelerated it since i haven't ordered one (yet!) but I am much,much better informed about the S550 due to this site and the helpful members on here.

KCTom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT P.P.
Well, it's somewhat kludgy, but I first went to Ford's site and configured my car, then selected "Search Inventory". Don't ever select "Let us find your vehicle".

Then it takes you to a screen where you can select car options again, but it's not as precise. So I put in the main things I care about:
GT Premium
Exterior Color (Black)
Interior Color (Recaro Leather Red-line)
Manual Transmission

Sadly, you can't select things like 401A, Nav, etc. So you'll have to do some digging after it finds "100% matches" to your above criteria. That's where COTUS comes in...

Then you select a dealer or zip code and it searches.
When you hit "extended inventory" it shows matches for the area. When there's no match in your area, you change the dealer to another city and repeat the process. When you see "100% Match" for your criteria, you get the VIN, then you then have to use COTUS to see if it has other options you may want.

I take the VIN from the cars that show "100% Match" and put into COTUS. Then I can see the sticker to see if it has Nav, 401A, etc.

I started with my local zip code, then went to San Antonio and Austin, then Dallas. I found my car in Dallas.

For fun, I searched other areas of the country that I frequent for work. I found my car (Black/Black-redline Recaro, Nav, PP) in Daytona Beach, FL, Clinton, MO, San Francisco & Los Angeles.

If Dallas fell through, I'd be more than willing to drive it home from MO or FL. That would be fun actually!
If that happens and you end up coming to Missouri, shoot me a pm and I'll come down and head up the welcoming committee!

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
It didn't speed it up, but it did help me to save a few thousand dollars because of Xplan. Also save me a lot of time in negotiating. I was so much more informed on this purchase than probly any vehicle I have ever bought. Usually I would wait until the model year end and get all the discounts that way, didn't have to with X Plan. I love this place!!!

Sponsored

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
I found this forum while I was looking up detailed information on the car because I was going to buy it in November. Thought I could just walk onto any Ford lot and buy - didn't know I had to or could order the car until I saw it here, so I ordered. And, as other have said, I knew more about the car than my dealer....all bc of YOUS!! :)

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
It has actually slowed my intention to order a 2015. There's so much information here in the forum that I find myself wanting to wait for a 2016 model with more, more, more. My biggest draw on the 2015 is know they'll never offer a 51st Anniversary model.

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
It's helped me decide this is the better move for me than the BMW 228 I was looking at. Signed up the day I took my first drive. Still working with a few dealers to lock in a price and either order or dealer trade. Looking for a White Ecoboost Premium with 201a and nav

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
It has actually slowed my intention to order a 2015. There's so much information here in the forum that I find myself wanting to wait for a 2016 model with more, more, more. My biggest draw on the 2015 is know they'll never offer a 51st Anniversary model.
I know what you mean. I think they'll probably offer a "Heritage Edition" as a carryover, featuring all or most of the 50th Anniversary Package. (At least I hope so.) They've gotta know people like it enough to want to see it on Mustangs beyond their 50th birthday.

I am curious as to whether the colors they offer will change. Time will tell...

Sponsored

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Well, it's somewhat kludgy, but I first went to Ford's site and configured my car, then selected "Search Inventory". Don't ever select "Let us find your vehicle".

Then it takes you to a screen where you can select car options again, but it's not as precise. So I put in the main things I care about:
GT Premium
Exterior Color (Black)
Interior Color (Recaro Leather Red-line)
Manual Transmission

Sadly, you can't select things like 401A, Nav, etc. So you'll have to do some digging after it finds "100% matches" to your above criteria. That's where COTUS comes in...

Then you select a dealer or zip code and it searches.
When you hit "extended inventory" it shows matches for the area. When there's no match in your area, you change the dealer to another city and repeat the process. When you see "100% Match" for your criteria, you get the VIN, then you then have to use COTUS to see if it has other options you may want.

I take the VIN from the cars that show "100% Match" and put into COTUS. Then I can see the sticker to see if it has Nav, 401A, etc.

I started with my local zip code, then went to San Antonio and Austin, then Dallas. I found my car in Dallas.

For fun, I searched other areas of the country that I frequent for work. I found my car (Black/Black-redline Recaro, Nav, PP) in Daytona Beach, FL, Clinton, MO, San Francisco & Los Angeles.

If Dallas fell through, I'd be more than willing to drive it home from MO or FL. That would be fun actually!
I did the same thing got my exact build and didn't have to wait:) I could see the sticker directly from fords build and price site though.I then just googled the vin and found the dealer that had it.I was stalking it since I saw it was ordered not in stock ,as soon as it landed I snagged it:headbang:

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
For me it definitely helped.
When I first started looking at getting another car, I made a list of about a dozen possibilities with a 2014 close out Mustang being on the list.
After researching the mustang on here and seeing the improvements over the previous generation, the 14 got scratched and a 15 took its place.
After narrowing the list down to four choices, I got backgrounds of all four in my favorite colors and had my work computer change between them to decide which I liked the best after seeing all for a month.
During that month I researched everything available online, with most of the Mustang information coming from this website. As the video reviews came available late last year I educated myself and finally made my choice after test driving all four models.
The Mustang ended up being my choice, partially due to the information found here and partially due to my impressions after taking test drives and partially as a result of the excellent treatment I got from the local Ford dealership.

So, yes, mustang6g did help me quite a bit.

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This site gave me lots of ammo but did not accelerate my purchase, what did was seeing one in the wild.

Was driving home after work and a DIB V6 was in front of me I followed it for 4 lights and shouted at the girl driving that I loved the car.. I had seen several during the dealer training and had looked at a few but after encounter I ordered the next week.

I now have 1300 miles on mine and still find myself going out to the garage to look at it..lol

OP
OP
Ruckus

Ruckus

No Fear Here
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rux
Vehicle(s)
People Crazy
I did the same thing got my exact build and didn't have to wait:) I could see the sticker directly from fords build and price site though.I then just googled the vin and found the dealer that had it.I was stalking it since I saw it was ordered not in stock ,as soon as it landed I snagged it:headbang:
It's funny how creative we all become when we're motivated to obtain something we want, isn't it? ;)

For me it definitely helped. The Mustang ended up being my choice, partially due to the information found here and partially due to my impressions after taking test drives and partially as a result of the excellent treatment I got from the local Ford dealership.

So, yes, mustang6g did help me quite a bit.
I hear ya. I think it's a combo thing for me too. I knew I was bound to get back into a Mustang after years of not having one. I guess it's just a natural for me. I was born around the same time the Mustang was first introduced at the New York Auto Show (and I actually grew up on Long Island, so maybe there's more than a coincidence here…).

This site gave me lots of ammo but did not accelerate my purchase, what did was seeing one in the wild. I now have 1300 miles on mine and still find myself going out to the garage to look at it..lol
I can identify with this. I drove an '05 GT and sold it, thinking I should drive something more economical. My "between" car was a used 2003 Ford Focus ZX3. Nice car, but it was NO Mustang! I saw a Mustang at a stop light and when it took off, I was like "Damn it, I want another one of those." I bought an '07 Mustang GT shortly thereafter. Seeing Mustangs in the wild when you don't have one makes you feel like you're missing out!

No..already wanted one...but reading all the info. and experiences here has helped knowing more about the re-done '15 model.

Just a note about comments made by Mustang "newbies" on the "lighted pony" shining on the ground....Mustang has been doing this for the last 2 model years...same for lighted sill plates....ambient colors for the interior....many similar "things" were on the '13 and '14 stangs.
That's cool about those options; I had no idea they were available in earlier models. Then again, I've fallen out of the loop over the past few years. I'm glad you've got a pony on order. Hope it arrives soon! :cheers:
Sponsored