Sponsored

Has Ford acknowledged ANY of these issues???

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I have had my case raised to a regional manager to try and get things fixed. I have so many issues with this car. Literally every single body panel is off, not a little either quite a bit. There is a huge bulge behind my driver's side headlight, back window crooked as hell, GT panel on back mounted wrong, back bumper bulging on the corners, etc.
Seats don't cool.
My dash has bubbling on it
Loose ass leather on both seats

Talking to Ford CSM, he says he hasn't seen ONE of these issues, nor heard of any. Picked my car up last (after dropping it off to have issues looked at again) Thursday, they want to tear it apart, with only 2400 miles, to try and fix it. I may as well have bought a car that was in an accident.
And they want to replace te dash with one that will bubble up just like the many that have done so in cars.

What is the deal?? Is corporate acknowledging these issues?? If so what the hell is the fix?? Tear a brand new car apart??
Sponsored

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
Only thing I have heard alot about on here are the misaligned panels and loose leather.
Not to THAT extent though. I am betting Ford doesn't ack any of it.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
yea i hear you, i have quite a few issues myself that have been passed along from the dealer that did not get fixed..... sucks that you buy a car and get stuck with it with promised warranty and then you literally have to fight for the craftsmanship to be taken care of.

Ill say this, if we were legally allowed to drop our cars back to the dealer, say "your problem" and get our money back, every manufacture would actually take care of these things, or even build them better.

Its too easy to hide behind "contracts with no return policy" and then shove you to the curb when you have an issue... if they could receive "returns" due to dissatisfaction then they would change their tune REAL quick. But welcome to America, where we as americans will make an excuse for everything...

my car goes in tomorrow for the following
cooled seats
usb port not working
shaker sub rattles like a rattle snake
manual trans grinds in 2nd and 3rd gear....

lets see if they actually fix it.. if not (most likely) you guys will hear from me again lol

I love this car, but hate the excuses made to cast problems aside just to make more sales!

/rant

I8ACHEVY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Deep Impact Blue EcoBoost Premium A/T
eh...I agree with you for the most part. It's not an American thing. It's a 90% of all business thing. The other thing is it's not just the auto industry. I have seen similar things in other industries where sales is there to just sell and then hope for the best when a problem happens. Support and engineers are there to clean up the mess. That being said, Ford should step up in areas where they see a common theme. All of us aren't just making this sh1t up! Stand behind your product and fix it.

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
This is hard to believe, but I am not making this up. If you look up forums for (the ultimate driving machine bmw) you will read horror stories that are way, way, way worse than the stories people post here about 2015 mustangs.

1) example: mini cooper has some weird timing chain tensioner problem, which to this day might STILL not be redesigned yet at all. you can research this and you will see. imagine having such a severe engine problem. I have not heard about that kind of problem with any mustang.

2) misaligned panels does sound bad, but that does seem cosmetic, along with loose covering on seats. (there are way worse stories out there for other expensive cars.)

3) the cooled seats and the bubble in dash. both of these do sound annoying but it is obvious this is due to a "first time" that mustang has been offered with both of these things. Design error yes but fixable.

4) some other bmw things I read about are (dumb) disk brakes, with a sensor to tell you when the pad needs to be changed. most bmw owners have a warning light on ALL the time in their car. the car has like 20 times more sensors than a mustang has. I swear the issues they have are hilarious and astounding. the mustang issues, I promise these are very minor. Even the dash bubble. If your coyote runs a like a champ, then the dash bubble is just a bubble. i will take that instead of having mechanical problems. And I truly think that Ford also feels this same exact way about most of the issues people are finding. Ford is saying "well at least its not an engine problem".

Sponsored

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well, i know its not the dealerships that built the car. Granted, they did elect upon delivery inspection to accept the car, so the issues SHOULD have been caught there, but they were not. So I try getting with ford and they tell me that I have to have my brand new car torn apart. Its not so much the dealer that should take the hits but corporate.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
This is hard to believe, but I am not making this up. If you look up forums for (the ultimate driving machine bmw) you will read horror stories that are way, way, way worse than the stories people post here about 2015 mustangs.

1) example: mini cooper has some weird timing chain tensioner problem, which to this day might STILL not be redesigned yet at all. you can research this and you will see. imagine having such a severe engine problem. I have not heard about that kind of problem with any mustang.

2) misaligned panels does sound bad, but that does seem cosmetic, along with loose covering on seats. (there are way worse stories out there for other expensive cars.)

3) the cooled seats and the bubble in dash. both of these do sound annoying but it is obvious this is due to a "first time" that mustang has been offered with both of these things. Design error yes but fixable.

4) some other bmw things I read about are (dumb) disk brakes, with a sensor to tell you when the pad needs to be changed. most bmw owners have a warning light on ALL the time in their car. the car has like 20 times more sensors than a mustang has. I swear the issues they have are hilarious and astounding. the mustang issues, I promise these are very minor. Even the dash bubble. If your coyote runs a like a champ, then the dash bubble is just a bubble. i will take that instead of having mechanical problems. And I truly think that Ford also feels this same exact way about most of the issues people are finding. Ford is saying "well at least its not an engine problem".
Bmws are the some of the biggest piece of crap cars ever. i service them every day as a master tech. Our cars are garbage when it comes to reliability.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Damm.....

Damm...... I love my 2015 GT Mustang...... I have no complaints so far, we will see after the trip to the west coast, and back...... :thumbsup: :cheers:

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats why i bought a Ford. Ive owned many many fords and never had issues like this. It sucks.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
This is why you fully inspect your car before signing. I went to 5 Ford dealerships in 1 day with my wife looking for a Yellow GT with 50th package but everyone we saw had jacked up body panels.

I'm on my 3rd S197 Mustang plus I have purchased a new Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS/RS & SS Sedan within the last 5 years so it's been interesting to see how the different manufactures respond to car issues.

My SRT8 while an awesome car to drive spent the most time in the shop for electrical & repeated steering rack issues but at least Dodge was willing to throw parts at it & give me low mileage current year rentals.

With almost 50k miles combined between my Camaro SS/RS & SS Sedan I haven't had any repairs & have only taken them to the dealer for free oil changes so I don't know what they would do if I did have a warranty issue. The only warranty issue my new 1999 Suburban had was a noise in the steering wheel that was fixed the 1st week I owned it, they gave me a new Expedition as a loaner:crazy:

While I love my Mustangs I hate the fact that Ford is very picky on what they will fix under warranty. All 3 of my S197 Mustangs had multiple issues that Ford fixed some but things like unsafe brakes or fuel leak were considered normal or known issues but no fix (my 2010 GT was a dealer buyback because of these issues).

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
"1st time I hear about that complain.." excuses!

I have had my case raised to a regional manager to try and get things fixed. I have so many issues with this car. Literally every single body panel is off, not a little either quite a bit. There is a huge bulge behind my driver's side headlight, back window crooked as hell, GT panel on back mounted wrong, back bumper bulging on the corners, etc.
Seats don't cool.
My dash has bubbling on it
Loose ass leather on both seats

Talking to Ford CSM, he says he hasn't seen ONE of these issues, nor heard of any. Picked my car up last (after dropping it off to have issues looked at again) Thursday, they want to tear it apart, with only 2400 miles, to try and fix it. I may as well have bought a car that was in an accident.
And they want to replace te dash with one that will bubble up just like the many that have done so in cars.

What is the deal?? Is corporate acknowledging these issues?? If so what the hell is the fix?? Tear a brand new car apart??
Hello.
I market your post where I think, FORD gives out standard answers to the employees. There isn't a forum where Mustang owners wouldn't report alignment issues or loose leather, because that's main complains - if someone complains and doesn't make excuses. (we have again answers here, comparing brands and making excuses that "yeah the other ones....")

As long customers accept this defects as "minor" and do not ask car manufacturers to deliver vehicles like they should - they won't care about you. I learned my lesson and I will never buy a FORD like I did. Ordering without seeing it. Cars for myself are to expensive that I would let go this issues. I actually think that most of 2015 Mustang owners are in the 30's or younger who do not care how their car looks a like. I call them "who cares people". Ipad/iphone generation. Spending $600-700 for an item what will be replaced in 12 month doesn't matter how they get produced - we buy the next one.

Ford's problem with the panel alignment starts actually with stamping the panels. It is a really bad product - acknowledged by 4 body shops I asked about their opinion about the 2015 Mustang. There isn't one Ford body shop who had not a 2015 Mustang for body panel alignment in their shop.

Ford knows about it but is telling everyone: "First time I hear about it..." - bull shxx. That's how it is these days. Ford builds poor quality cars and I think that it is because they are cutting in the production some edges. My 2015 F150 ( I had to switch in!) has a dashboard what has 3 warps - the dashboard is starting "waving". Read in the F150 forums and you can find pictures and complains. Guess what? When I call FORD they will say what?

Yeah you are right! "First complain I hear about it....!" :first:

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I bring these things up for that very reason, the manufacturer cannot be expected to know about these issues affecting an actionable amount of cars until people speak out against the issues. But when I'm bullshitted by people, reps from Ford that SWEAR they've never seen or heard of ANY of these issues, that's a straight up lie to my face. It's unacceptable.

willmkent

'Twas sure good see'in ya
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Very true, bmw's audi's are known for being giant piles of junk, I'm hopped on a forum twice, one for bmw and one for Audi and each time I read that major maintenance was needed yearly to keep these things up.

One guy had a thread going forever on his b6 a4 of what he had to do just to keep it running.

Don't get me wrong guys, I freaking love this mustang, it's truly a great car. But when I take my car in for warranty on the sub and they tell me that they can't fix it and it's just normal. That's when I get angry.

Also there is already a transmission recall.... Cmon guys, how does that stuff slip through to a customer

OP
OP
Br725

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am aware of bmws and audis repair costs and needs, which is exactly why I didn't buy one. I bought a FORD. Not expecting perfection, nor am I expecting things to not go wrong. But when it is soooo many issues in such a short time it makes me wonder if I would've been better off buying something else. And that's a bummer because I've always owned Fords, from Thunderbirds to fox bodies, a 04 ranger and an 05 explorer. Hardly had any issues from any of them. (I will say in higher miles a thunderbirds auto trans needed rebuilt and the explorer was starting to show signs of needing it, then again, 165000 miles, not 2400)

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
you didnt notice that every single body panel was way off when you purchased it?
Sponsored