Sponsored

Has Anyone Used Kraftwerk's SC?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Recently remembered Kraftwerk's now makes a more affordable supercharger kit for our cars. I remember them being huge in the Honda game years ago when I partook in the Vtec lifestyle.

Has anyone put a Kraftwerk's kit on their S550? I haven't found much as far as threads go but curious to see. Personally I don't want a 600/700+hp mustang but mid 500's would be nice which the Kraftwerk's kit seems to achieve easily. Id be curious to see the power curve as I use my 19' for HPDE/Track Days.

Alternatively, for a little more cash, I've considered the Edelbrock stage 1 kit but it is quite a bit more and above my power goals.

Appreciate the input. Picture included because... why not.

Merry Christmas!

8AC45B6D-5330-4CC7-86D8-B541C591BC9B.jpeg
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That kit also caught my eye. I did find a little info via Google... it seems like the target is mid 500's, but it can support 600+ without being at the limits.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
That kit also caught my eye. I did find a little info via Google... it seems like the target is mid 500's, but it can support 600+ without being at the limits.
Exactly what caught my eye was the lower end of power numbers honestly. The whipples and Roush chargers all seem to shoot for 700+ and that’s just overkill for me.

@MiDiablo shop installed one and he can probably provide some input for you.
thanks!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Have you looked at the ess option? Almost the exact same cost and there's a lot more feed back about it in the forums. I'd trust it before being a guinea pig on this kraftwerks kit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Have you looked at the ess option? Almost the exact same cost and there's a lot more feed back about it in the forums. I'd trust it before being a guinea pig on this kraftwerks kit.
actually I did stumble onto that kit just last night and I think it is the better option of the two.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Exactly what caught my eye was the lower end of power numbers honestly. The whipples and Roush chargers all seem to shoot for 700+ and that’s just overkill for me.

thanks!
You could always pulley "up" to decrease power. How you will use the car should dictate what you want. You can always go down on power but there is a ceiling on every power adder type.

Coincidentally because of the ceiling on the EB 2650 I'm going turbo.

Last edited:

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You could always pulley "up" to decrease power. How you will use the car should dictate what you want. You can always go down on power but there is a ceiling on every power adder type.

Coincidentally because of the ceiling on the EB 2650 I'm going turbo.
What ceiling is that? You up over 1000whp now? Turbo lag is crap on the street.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What ceiling is that? You up over 1000whp now? Turbo lag is crap on the street.
I'm not too worried about turbo lag, although the 2650 makes all boost so quick after 3000 rpm and also in a usable manner too.

I think the 2650 is only rated down to a 2.62" on the 8 rib pulley and 22 lbs of boost. After that it's being oversped. That would likely be something like ~1050-1100 wheel. Last thing need to have happen is all hell with the bearing go in the middle of a pull.

I wanted a minimum of 1300 HP available, with the ability to turn it down and up if needed.

I definitely don't think with the extended rev range I have the lag difference will make a big problem for me.

Just getting the thing in the right rpm is when starting from a roll probably will need to get looked at some more because I have ported heads as well now.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
The Edelbrock tvs 2650 on 8psi will make in the 550-600 hp range to the rear wheels and the car will live for a damn long time if you put 93 in it and change the oil... mu52s and a 3.75 pulley are all you need, and you have the option to turn it up as well. if the goal is to be at 1000 hp or under to the wheels the TVS will be more than enough and has a very good track record. the TVS 2650 rotor pack even at low boost is really fun to drive and has a lot of low-end grunt for a stop light to stop light pull or even getting on the freeway.

Superchargers can make as much or as little as you want you just need to choose the right blower and the right pulley combo. Also, keep in mind that the supercharger kits out there are talking about crank HP when they put out these 700 hp packages.

On pump gas 650 hp is pretty safe and obtainable off of an injector, blower, and a BAP although we do suggest oil pump gears for safety

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The Edelbrock tvs 2650 on 8psi will make in the 550-600 hp range to the rear wheels and the car will live for a damn long time if you put 93 in it and change the oil... mu52s and a 3.75 pulley are all you need, and you have the option to turn it up as well. if the goal is to be at 1000 hp or under to the wheels the TVS will be more than enough and has a very good track record. the TVS 2650 rotor pack even at low boost is really fun to drive and has a lot of low-end grunt for a stop light to stop light pull or even getting on the freeway.

Superchargers can make as much or as little as you want you just need to choose the right blower and the right pulley combo. Also, keep in mind that the supercharger kits out there are talking about crank HP when they put out these 700 hp packages.

On pump gas 650 hp is pretty safe and obtainable off of an injector, blower, and a BAP although we do suggest oil pump gears for safety
On my gen3 I made 700whp/605 tq on 11 psi. It's a good blower, real all rounder.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
On my gen3 I made 700whp/605 tq on 11 psi. It's a good blower, real all rounder.
I have been very impressed with mine. The intercooler design and overall kit are very nice, and the installation is always smooth. We have installed quite a few of these kits on the mustang with good results

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT , VW PASSAT R-Line , 96 Cobra
I have the kit and its a pretty good kit except the instructions on building it are a pain in the ass. But it sounds straight like a turbo to spooling up whislting and hitting it hard. It lowkey lags till about 3000 rpms and goes bro. It gives 580 whp 490 whtq right out the gate with simple bolts ons, like e85, headers, clutch, intake mani, injectors, smaller pulley. you will easily see 900 whp with that
Sponsored