Sponsored

Has anyone tried the Xtreme-DI GDI high flow pump?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
EDIT* just saw the other thread about this https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/xdi-high-pressure-fuel-pump-upgrade.151981/ , pls delete

Has anyone done the extreme DI pump upgrade?

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/xdi-b015-50/

"This GDI high pressure pump was developed to replace the Denso OEM high pressure pump. It delivers up to 45% more fuel flow when mounted on the same CAM-Lobe.
Maximum Fuel Pressure is 250bar / 3625psi (OEM 200bar/2900psi).
The kit comes with everything you need: the HPFP, all required hardware and an electric pigtail.
Customer-specific fittings and lines on request.

Straight E85 1194whp GDI/PFI combined !!!

no meth, no PFI, no extra ECUs, no wiring, full control, full OBD Diagnostics."

I dont really like the idea of return style fuel systems, just wondering if anyone has done one of these and if anyone has any thoughts about this setup? May prevent you from having to further upgrade your normal injectors, and also keep the fuel cooler if you stay non return system.

I wonder what the max hp on e85 would be with DW400 intake pump, id1050x and this xtreme DI pump. Also would it be hard to tune? Any thoughts, suggestions, or experience with this item are appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we run it on our car. allows you ot get more out of the di side of things. biggest benefit comes if you do injectors as well, but the di pump itself will give you more

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
EDIT* just saw the other thread about this https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/xdi-high-pressure-fuel-pump-upgrade.151981/ , pls delete

Has anyone done the extreme DI pump upgrade?

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/xdi-b015-50/

"This GDI high pressure pump was developed to replace the Denso OEM high pressure pump. It delivers up to 45% more fuel flow when mounted on the same CAM-Lobe.
Maximum Fuel Pressure is 250bar / 3625psi (OEM 200bar/2900psi).
The kit comes with everything you need: the HPFP, all required hardware and an electric pigtail.
Customer-specific fittings and lines on request.

Straight E85 1194whp GDI/PFI combined !!!

no meth, no PFI, no extra ECUs, no wiring, full control, full OBD Diagnostics."

I dont really like the idea of return style fuel systems, just wondering if anyone has done one of these and if anyone has any thoughts about this setup? May prevent you from having to further upgrade your normal injectors, and also keep the fuel cooler if you stay non return system.

I wonder what the max hp on e85 would be with DW400 intake pump, id1050x and this xtreme DI pump. Also would it be hard to tune? Any thoughts, suggestions, or experience with this item are appreciated.
I'm with you on that. Return style fuel system is a big obstacle for my desire to run a Whipple with E85. I've gotten the impression that this will probably not resolve that, but would be worth every penny to me if it did.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
@beefcake what injectors do you recommend and what is the price?
they have none currently, they had a few they used for special projects, but none currently avaialble

I'm with you on that. Return style fuel system is a big obstacle for my desire to run a Whipple with E85. I've gotten the impression that this will probably not resolve that, but would be worth every penny to me if it did.
are you just not wanting to run a return style? 75-100 wheel pickup typically on the cars with e85.... really works well and a ton of growing room later

Sponsored

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
they have none currently, they had a few they used for special projects, but none currently avaialble

are you just not wanting to run a return style? 75-100 wheel pickup typically on the cars with e85.... really works well and a ton of growing room later
Correct. I would love to be able to avoid a return style system at the 900hp level on e85.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Correct. I would love to be able to avoid a return style system at the 900hp level on e85.
you would spend more for an extreme di pump and injectors (if they were avaialble) than you would a complete return sytem

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
you would spend more for an extreme di pump and injectors (if they were avaialble) than you would a complete return sytem
And make less power

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Does this fuel pump help keep knock at bay with those of us running 91 octane. Just asking if I could go to the standard 3.875 pulley (currently using a 4.00) and use this pump to make the most of the stage II Whipple tune, without having to worry about a lot of timing being pulled due to knock. Thx.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Does this fuel pump help keep knock at bay with those of us running 91 octane. Just asking if I could go to the standard 3.875 pulley (currently using a 4.00) and use this pump to make the most of the stage II Whipple tune, without having to worry about a lot of timing being pulled due to knock. Thx.
Yes, that is the current best use of this pump.

You will have to have someone modify your tune for the xdi pump to work.

pm engineermike
Sponsored