Sponsored

Has anyone tried the Spec Super Twin disk clutch?

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How's pedal?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
The pedal feels just as light as the OEM pressure plate did, maybe lighter even.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Using the Steeda spring?

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Nope, just OEM. I never felt it needed to be replaced.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's nice. Keep us posted, it sound like I'll be going with the Spec on my clutch upgrade.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Will do, Driveshaft should be here within an hour or two

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I have the P trim SPEC twin disk (07 TR-6060), like it, pedal feel is good.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Cool. Hopefully you can get the driveshaft in and let is know how it drives, pedal feel, etc. I'm getting close to buying a clutch and I've narrowed it down to either this spec, or a centerforce.

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Alright boys. Got the Driveshaft installed and drove it around a little bit just to make sure the transmission didn't fall out, no strange noises etc. So far, it honestly feels very similar to stock. The pedal is very easy to press, the engagement is strong but not too aggressive, no strange sounds. I will report back after the 500 mile break in period.

IMG_20200428_090602.jpg
IMG_20200428_090613.jpg
IMG_20200428_090608.jpg

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Hello all, just thought I would follow up on this for those that care. Finally got the initial 500 mile break in period completed. This clutch is awesome. Engagement is right at the point where the OEM was and the pedal effort is lighter than stock. The take off from a stop is slightly more sensitive than stock, meaning that it isn't quite as forgiving with slip, but I expected that with a ceramic friction material. It is completely predictable and easy to get used to. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and installation, and would definitely recommend this as an option for those that want something with a sprung hub disk, as well as a billet pressure plate.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Once my Spec stage 3+ goes out I'll be getting the P-Trim next, looks good, and good to see that someone reviewed there dual clutches.

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Hello all, just thought I would follow up on this for those that care. Finally got the initial 500 mile break in period completed. This clutch is awesome. Engagement is right at the point where the OEM was and the pedal effort is lighter than stock. The take off from a stop is slightly more sensitive than stock, meaning that it isn't quite as forgiving with slip, but I expected that with a ceramic friction material. It is completely predictable and easy to get used to. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and installation, and would definitely recommend this as an option for those that want something with a sprung hub disk, as well as a billet pressure plate.
Thanks for the follow up. You've convinced me! I'm about to place my order with beefcake! Any more you'd like to add now that you have had some more time with it? How's the aluminum/steel flywheel?

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the follow up. You've convinced me! I'm about to place my order with beefcake! Any more you'd like to add now that you have had some more time with it? How's the aluminum/steel flywheel?
Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about it. Drives great, and once you are used to the way it engages, it's just as easy to drive as the stock clutch. Time will tell if it can continue to handle the power, but I do not beat on my car, and I don't race it so results may be different for those that do in which case they make different trim levels. I got the SS trim which is the entry level twin disk, but they claim it will handle 1010 torques.

The flywheel is a nice piece, and although it is far lighter than the stock flywheel the overall assembly is much closer in weight to the OEM assembly. It's lighter but not much. I should have weighed them but meh.

Go for it, totally worth the cost in my opinion

Dark Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramsey
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Honestly, I don't have anything bad to say about it. Drives great, and once you are used to the way it engages, it's just as easy to drive as the stock clutch. Time will tell if it can continue to handle the power, but I do not beat on my car, and I don't race it so results may be different for those that do in which case they make different trim levels. I got the SS trim which is the entry level twin disk, but they claim it will handle 1010 torques.

The flywheel is a nice piece, and although it is far lighter than the stock flywheel the overall assembly is much closer in weight to the OEM assembly. It's lighter but not much. I should have weighed them but meh.

Go for it, totally worth the cost in my opinion
That's awesome. I don't usually beat on my car, but when I do I want it to hold. I'm also gonna go for the ss version, as I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere near the 1010 torque rating for a long time, if ever. They are rebuildable so, if I need more, I guess I can always get different material. How's the noise, chatter? Does it seem to Rev faster with the flywheel? I have a centrifugal so being able to climb the rpm ladder quicker would be nice. Lol.

OP
OP
SheepDog

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. I don't usually beat on my car, but when I do I want it to hold. I'm also gonna go for the ss version, as I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere near the 1010 torque rating for a long time, if ever. They are rebuildable so, if I need more, I guess I can always get different material. How's the noise, chatter? Does it seem to Rev faster with the flywheel? I have a centrifugal so being able to climb the rpm ladder quicker would be nice. Lol.
I do hear a slight chatter right when I take off, but you will get that with any twin disk. Mine certainly revs faster than it did before, but I installed the Shaftmasters driveshaft at the same time so that likely has more to do with it than the clutch. I also have the PP so 3.73's in the rear.
Sponsored