Sponsored

Has anyone tested the active exhaust vs stock exhaust? Is it a necessary option?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
So glad I went with AE. There is a quite a difference from regular to track. Adding an H or X pipe is nearly perfect.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I don't know about it only being 4 decibels between standard exhaust and Track mode on active exhaust.

Have you watched this video? You can ignore the H-pipe measurements and just listen to the OEM active exhaust. Compare the track setting to a non-active car. Pretty big difference.
Yeah that’s where I got that number. Normal is 111 and track is 114.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I have AE and it’s amazing for the price. Quiet start option is nice and then track gets it really loud if you want it. Louder, deeper, and meaner for sure than non active exhaust. I recently did a resonator delete/h pipe and it made track mode even louder and meaner sounding. And quiet mode is still quiet 🤫 .

Sponsored

spectreman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt
On my Bullitt, I find it all quite gimmicky. I leave mine in track mode and, even tho it sounds good, I still think it's too quiet. Given my druthers, I could easily go back to a simple aftermarket exhaust w/one volume & save the $$.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I test drove both the standard exhaust and the Active Valve. The Active Valve is fantastic and a must-have option unless you wish to put on an aftermarket exhaust.
Perhaps the best reason to choose the Active Value is you can pick one of the four settings to meet your needs. I always start in quiet mode and if I want to listen to music I use quiet mode. I love the growl of sport mode. For an additional $200 you can modify the Active Valve with either an X-pipe or H-pipe, but it is not necessary.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I just checked. It seems like it’s only 4 decibels different revving in normal vs. track. That doesn’t seem significant.
Have you compared them in person? There's a huge difference in sound volume.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hey! So I have a standard GT W/O active exhaust and have never actually heard a car with the active exhaust. Is it really worth the money / make a huge difference?
I test drove a 2019 GT without AE, and was stunned by how much louder the stock exhaust was in comparison to my 2016. I was worried that would get annoying with time, especially on long trips. With the AE my car is just as quiet as my 2016 when I want it to be, and loud (without being obnoxious or farty) when I want it to be.

Best of both worlds.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I just checked. It seems like it’s only 4 decibels different revving in normal vs. track. That doesn’t seem significant.
DECIBELS.jpg

download.jpg

So, the difference between a chainsaw and a hammer drill. Having used both, neither is pleasant and the hammer drill is nasty.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
The difference in db at top rev between modes isn’t significant because the AE will open as needed so the exhaust isn’t choking the engine. The difference at lower revs and the overall sound is significant. The AE on a GT is one of the best sounding stock exhausts I’ve ever heard, in track mode it basically sounds like a straight-pipe set-up. It’s worth every penny for the sound difference vs the non-AE, let alone the ability to not piss off your neighbors when turning back down your block or starting your car at odd-hours.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yes there is a big difference. Revs don't do a good job of showing it...

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
On my Bullitt, I find it all quite gimmicky. I leave mine in track mode and, even tho it sounds good, I still think it's too quiet. Given my druthers, I could easily go back to a simple aftermarket exhaust w/one volume & save the $$.
You need to swap in an H-pipe. Just this past weekend someone I know with a Bullitt showed up to a meet with his new H-pipe installed. His exhaust sounded great.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove a 2019 GT without AE, and was stunned by how much louder the stock exhaust was in comparison to my 2016. I was worried that would get annoying with time, especially on long trips. With the AE my car is just as quiet as my 2016 when I want it to be, and loud (without being obnoxious or farty) when I want it to be.

Best of both worlds.
The stock non-active exhaust in my '19 was louder than I expected, especially on cold starts, but cruising on the highway it was very quiet. What I didn't like about it was the tone, rather tinny, so I got a Roush AB. The AE sounds much better I think than the non-AE option. If I had AE I would just do a resonator delete H pipe and be done.
Sponsored