Sponsored

Has anyone tested the active exhaust vs stock exhaust? Is it a necessary option?

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Without reading all the replies, I converted my car from none active to active. My car had the harness in the back, so it was plug and play plus some forscan.

When I made the swap, I already had an xpipe. Normal to none active, sounded similar. Track was was noticeably louder. Quiet mode is very quiet. I actually use quiet mode on long trips now, since I have catless headers.

Stock 18+ mufflers sound very nice stock and or with an xpipe. It's really a matter of if you really want those features integrated into the car. For me, it was worth it.

Whiteriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The stock non-active exhaust in my '19 was louder than I expected, especially on cold starts, but cruising on the highway it was very quiet. What I didn't like about it was the tone, rather tinny, so I got a Roush AB. The AE sounds much better I think than the non-AE option. If I had AE I would just do a resonator delete H pipe and be done.
Have you considered going with an H pipe and the Roush AB? I have the '17 without AE and I'm trying to decide what exhaust setup I want to change to. H pipe for sure but either Roush AB or convert to an AE.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Have you considered going with an H pipe and the Roush AB? I have the '17 without AE and I'm trying to decide what exhaust setup I want to change to. H pipe for sure but either Roush AB or convert to an AE.
I'm pretty happy with the Roush paired with the stock resonator. I wouldn't mind a little more volume but I expect an H-pipe with the Roush would be too much for me. Down the road I might try a whole new catback.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agree with others that AE is amazing. It's "quiet" when I want it to be... and sounds like this in Track mode:

Sponsored