Sponsored

Has anyone tested the active exhaust vs stock exhaust? Is it a necessary option?

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Hey! So I have a standard GT W/O active exhaust and have never actually heard a car with the active exhaust. Is it really worth the money / make a huge difference?
Sponsored

Whiteriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My stang don't have it either. I never heard one and I don't know how it works but if it's not any louder, I won't need it.

OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
My stang don't have it either. I never heard one and I don't know how it works but if it's not any louder, I won't need it.
From what I can tell online, it’s only about 5-7 decibels louder

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Track is considerably louder when on the gas, deeper sound. I do like the quiet mode, its great when I start up early in the AM in the garage. I’d not use it much but it is fun to have and a cheap option, but Normal and track are a good deal different. Again Quiet mode is my favorite, nice on a long drive also.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The difference can definitely be heard with a stock AE vs non AE Add an H or X pipe or better yet, LT headers and it’ll really sing. I made a video a short while ago with my 2019 Bullitt which has LT headers, Steeda X-pipe and factory AE. You can hear the differences as I switch from Quiet to Track. Hopefully this will be of some help in answering your question.

Reactions: Bmt

Sponsored

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I test drove an active exhaust gt a week ago. Pretty cool feature , but since I'm going aftermarket exhaust for a better and louder sound it wasn't for me. Keep in mind most aftermarket exhausts are way more money if you have active exhaust

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I swapped out my stock exhaust from my base model to an active exhaust. Tone is overall nicer and having an option for different levels of loudness (particularly having a quiet mode) is VERY nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Nickyweg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
I just checked. It seems like it’s only 4 decibels different revving in normal vs. track. That doesn’t seem significant.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
It was a must for me. Being quiet for the neighbors is great and it does get nice and loud in Track. With the H-Pipe, sport sounds the best but Track is nuts now :)

For the money, there's no better option.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked. It seems like it’s only 4 decibels different revving in normal vs. track. That doesn’t seem significant.
I don't know about it only being 4 decibels between standard exhaust and Track mode on active exhaust.

Have you watched this video? You can ignore the H-pipe measurements and just listen to the OEM active exhaust. Compare the track setting to a non-active car. Pretty big difference.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
100% worth it. Favorite feature on my car by far. Sounds amazing in track, and I love that I can use quiet mode in the neighborhood especially when it's early or late.
Sponsored