Sponsored

Has anyone purchased the DYNAVIN head unit that replaces SYNC?

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
How well does the Dynavin dim at night?

I’ve found that with a lot of aftermarket head units this is a problem. They’ll have great specs or whatever then once it gets dark it’s distractingly bright.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Cobra Jet

Have not loaded any pics to the homescreen yet....To be honest i probably wont. The boot time is crazy quick and it has opened straight into Zlink(wireless carplay) most of the time which is all i use. There is a navigation app, but i havent opened it because i just use Waze from wireless carplay.

As far as the EQ goes, it is a lot better than factory and i was able to ramp up the EQ to compensate for the low volume from carplay. I think with some decent aftermarket component speakers it ill be very nice.

The unit does have RCA low level outputs for sub/front/rear as well, so it makes adding amplifiers far easier than the OEM unit.

Definitely an upgrade from factory 4" and a good alternative to the 8" swap. The only real complaint i have is the glare on the screen when the sun is beating in. I have not had a chance to get the windows tinted yet, but i am sure that will help resolve most of that issue.
Thanks for the additional replies and info.

Regarding the low sound quality when using CarPlay, have you tried just streaming via BT without going through CarPlay?

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi,

I have recently Installed the dynavin D8 pro in my 2015 mustang. The unit looks oem. I like the fastboot feature, also i changed the boot logo to custom image. The sound is okay you can customize it in settings with lots of options.
Pros
Looks oem
Has fastboot
Can put custom image
Wireless Apple carplay works perfectly
Youtube and reverse camera looks great in full screen 16:9

Cons
The specs are not good just 2GB ram and Android 8.1
If you want to use android apps the app loading time is high
No split screen functionality.

This is the only decent unit for s550 in market currently specifically with fastboot functionality. Previously i ordered a tesla style screen from AliExpress which had 8gb of ram and android 11, but the unit had audio issues and it froze down on second day. I tried to reset it and all the os got deleted. So i had to return it. Its better to have actual keys for ac/heating controls so I purchased this unit. Its a must have for 4 inch base models

97B1DFF6-E344-4382-808E-80D8076BF1A9.jpeg

861CF776-B811-459D-87F7-DB820F70A5BF.jpeg

@Vnanda
Thanks for the updates - looks good! How are you liking it since it’s been installed?

Steviefingers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD OR, 1996 240sx, 2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for the additional replies and info.

Regarding the low sound quality when using CarPlay, have you tried just streaming via BT without going through CarPlay?
I have only used carplay and not BT audio....but the radio is way louder than carplay even after adjusting input levels. I was able to make carplay louder by adjusting the EQ.

The only issue i am having now, is when carplay reads messages or i am trying to send a message using the mic it cuts off the first few seconds on the first try, but if i do it a second time it works fine.

JStang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
We just purchased our son a 2017 V6 with the dreaded 4" calculator stereo. In looking into audio enhancement options (including the Dynavin) I came across a Forscan setting that can be adjusted to disable the factory EQ - allowing for better sound quality at higher volumes than with it on. If you went with the Dynavin and upgraded speakers, this is a nearly free mod. I am assuming that replacing the head unit won't change the factory EQ settings and make this a moot point - maybe something to look into. I'm holding off on the Dynavin until he makes it through year 1 without damaging the car.

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
We just purchased our son a 2017 V6 with the dreaded 4" calculator stereo. In looking into audio enhancement options (including the Dynavin) I came across a Forscan setting that can be adjusted to disable the factory EQ - allowing for better sound quality at higher volumes than with it on. If you went with the Dynavin and upgraded speakers, this is a nearly free mod. I am assuming that replacing the head unit won't change the factory EQ settings and make this a moot point - maybe something to look into. I'm holding off on the Dynavin until he makes it through year 1 without damaging the car.
Replacing the factory headunit in a 6-speaker setup with the 4" screen totally replaces the factory EQ settings as you also replace the ACM when putting in any aftermarket headunit.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replacing the factory headunit in a 6-speaker setup with the 4" screen totally replaces the factory EQ settings as you also replace the ACM when putting in any aftermarket headunit.
and not to mention, based on the materials available about the Dynavin, it comes with its own EQ that users can "tune" to their desire. :)

VicVal01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Guys if any of you havent updated your unit yet please do. It made it much better. Some things ive noticed

1. Carplay connects much quicker. It used to take around 1-2 minutes and now it only takes about 10-15 seconds

2. There was a glitch where i could not change my boot up screen for some reason. It has been fixed.

3. Unit is overall a bit more responsive

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
have this system arriving tomorrow, curious if anyone has any tips/tricks for the install. Additionally, curious if anyone has any suggestions about mounting the included microphone, or otherwise suggested alternative 3.5mm microphones which may be lower profile. based on pictures, the one included is rather large and an eyesore. too bad we can't use the factory mic.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
sharing an update - installed the unit today. Install video is cutting out many aspects of the steps involved, but nothing was too difficult to figure out. The unit exceeded my expectations and looks really OEM-esque. Worst part of the install (for me) was trying to figure out how to get some of the factory harnesses released from the factory panels, with the worst being the connection to the start/stop button (or the USB - not entirely certain where the power was routing).

Biggest update that I am happy to share, which I have not read anywhere else - this unit does also support wireless android auto. I tested for about 15 minutes tonight and works flawlessly. Only caveat being that you have to enable "wireless android auto" in the settings menu. Would say this is tied with the significant increase in sound quality from this unit vs. stock base head unit. I have an aftermarket sub tapped into the rear speaker wire, and the plethora of EQ settings (and perceived general increase in sound quality transmission) really wake up the subs ability to respond to a wider range of bass it seems.

So far, seems to be 100% worth the cost, time and effort. Happy to answer any questions for anyone curious about this unit.

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
sharing an update - installed the unit today. Install video is cutting out many aspects of the steps involved, but nothing was too difficult to figure out. The unit exceeded my expectations and looks really OEM-esque. Worst part of the install (for me) was trying to figure out how to get some of the factory harnesses released from the factory panels, with the worst being the connection to the start/stop button (or the USB - not entirely certain where the power was routing).

Biggest update that I am happy to share, which I have not read anywhere else - this unit does also support wireless android auto. I tested for about 15 minutes tonight and works flawlessly. Only caveat being that you have to enable "wireless android auto" in the settings menu. Would say this is tied with the significant increase in sound quality from this unit vs. stock base head unit. I have an aftermarket sub tapped into the rear speaker wire, and the plethora of EQ settings (and perceived general increase in sound quality transmission) really wake up the subs ability to respond to a wider range of bass it seems.

So far, seems to be 100% worth the cost, time and effort. Happy to answer any questions for anyone curious about this unit.
So, what did you do about the mic placement?

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So, what did you do about the mic placement?
For now, ended up sticking the thing at the very back top of the steering wheel stock. My normal wheel positioning is the highest setting, so the mic is not obstructing my view of the center dash screen and is easily ignored. The wire runs almost immediately into the trim as well. The mic wire which comes with the system is quite long (would guess 10 feet) so there is certainly potential to get more creative with placement in the future.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m having an issue. I installed the 8 Pro and im having a static issue. Like when the volume is at 0 there is still a static hum. It’s not engine whine. Is anyone else having this issue?

herkybird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1965 Fastback, 2017 V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to purchase this Dynavin 8 Pro unit for my 2017 V6. Aside from the microphone design and location and some static issues from the last post, any other issues to report? I want to tackle the install myself, but time is not on my side. Thinking of getting it installed at an audio shop. Maybe they can give me an option for a different mic and hidden location. Any feedback is appreciated.
Sponsored