Sponsored

Has anyone purchased the DYNAVIN head unit that replaces SYNC?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I was looking at another vehicle and noticed it had a “DYNAVIN” head unit display. Not knowing anything about that name or brand, I went ahead and searched online and see they have offerings for quite a few vehicle brands.

They even have kits for the S550, this one being the “premium” link:
https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/col...015-2021-premium-model?variant=42562086207706

What I found interesting was they have an EQ feature (among many other features and available output/input jacks on the back of the unit.

This is the EQ display from their page:
1645165440-Equalizer-Presets_480x480.png

I wish Ford had an actual useable integrated EQ in SYNC and other “sound” features, because it would open up the user experience so much more…

Has anyone on here purchased the DYNAVIN Premium unit or have any “hands on” experience with it? Pros/Cons? How is it compared to SYNC?
Sponsored

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Convertible - Magnetic
Interesting system! I have not purchased, but I am looking into it now. Adds some features my SYNC system doesn't have and if it doesn't annoyingly change the equalization when I drop the top like SYNC does, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Looks like a viable option indeed. If it would allow me to project what ever is on my iPhone on to it I would jump at it in a heartbeat. I wanna use my OBD Fusion for gauges on it so I don’t have to stare at my phone for iat2’s and some other gauges I can’t get on my digital dash.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I had one on my 13 Boss 302. Really easy install. Functioned great and had Apple CarPlay which is why I bought it. I liked it a lot. Has multiple camera options too so you can install front cameras as well.

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did send the following reply to my question:

The Dynavin doesn't retain this functionality. There will be no change in the settings with top up or down.

This alone was enough for me to get the wife's immediate approval for the purchase. Now I just need to get that call from my dealership to get the rear camera recall done. 😐

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They did send the following reply to my question:

The Dynavin doesn't retain this functionality. There will be no change in the settings with top up or down.

This alone was enough for me to get the wife's immediate approval for the purchase. Now I just need to get that call from my dealership to get the rear camera recall done. 😐
If you do go through with it, please do update or post a DIY of your install and results. It does look like a decent replacement to SYNC considering the additional features that comes with the unit.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Looks like a viable option indeed. If it would allow me to project what ever is on my iPhone on to it I would jump at it in a heartbeat. I wanna use my OBD Fusion for gauges on it so I don’t have to stare at my phone for iat2’s and some other gauges I can’t get on my digital dash.
It has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability. Also you can get XM radio and it has navigation as well

TechGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you do go through with it, please do update or post a DIY of your install and results. It does look like a decent replacement to SYNC considering the additional features that comes with the unit.
I've decided to make the purchase, but I am planning to wait until my backup camera gets the recall repair. I think it will just complicate that dealership service visit to have this unit in place before that is completed.

Buckeye63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium w6sp
I was looking at another vehicle and noticed it had a “DYNAVIN” head unit display. Not knowing anything about that name or brand, I went ahead and searched online and see they have offerings for quite a few vehicle brands.

They even have kits for the S550, this one being the “premium” link:
https://dynavinnorthamerica.com/col...015-2021-premium-model?variant=42562086207706

What I found interesting was they have an EQ feature (among many other features and available output/input jacks on the back of the unit.

This is the EQ display from their page:
1645165440-Equalizer-Presets_480x480.png

I wish Ford had an actual useable integrated EQ in SYNC and other “sound” features, because it would open up the user experience so much more…

Has anyone on here purchased the DYNAVIN Premium unit or have any “hands on” experience with it? Pros/Cons? How is it compared to SYNC?
I’ve had the DynavinPro for over a year.It is absolutely the best head unit on the market. It blows Sync 3, Tesla style and Navos out of the water- the 3 is at least 1500.00 . I have a ‘15 Premium with the 12speaker w sub system.The sound processor and equalizer makes the factory speakers sound so much better, the amp cranks and I love the 10.5 display including the Nav.No issues, no problems, buy it, thank me later.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve had the DynavinPro for over a year.It is absolutely the best head unit on the market. It blows Sync 3, Tesla style and Navos out of the water- the 3 is at least 1500.00 . I have a ‘15 Premium with the 12speaker w sub system.The sound processor and equalizer makes the factory speakers sound so much better, the amp cranks and I love the 10.5 display including the Nav.No issues, no problems, buy it, thank me later.
Any pros/cons to the install? You didn't mount that weird microphone on the steering column shroud did you? Hide it away?

No problems within controlling anything like HVAC controls?

How about any firmware updates, have you had to do anything like that?

Sponsored

Buckeye63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No issues with the install. The microphone is actually routed overhead by the mirror.All controls/ functions are retained. I have a ‘15 Premium, toggles and steering wheel controls work as before, rear view cam as well. I’ve not had to do any firmware updates- Nav was fully updated.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
crap! why did i have to read this thread! @Buckeye63, do you use the phone features with your system? if yes, how is the performance, call quality? also, are you using any aftermarket system or the stock audio system? thanks.

Buckeye63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m happy with the performance and call quality with the phone features. I have a ‘15 Premium with the Shaker audio system-12 speakers w sub. Using the equalizer and sound processor it sounds much better than when I had the Sync unit. The Dynavin amp is also a better amp.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
To be frank what I am concerned with all these units is support after the sale. They seem to be non existent.

98jfuentes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 15
I have it and so far have some issues with the mic. I placed it where the factory mic sits. I’m also not extremely happy with the EQ. My subs still sound muffled with the windows up (already did the seat mod and removed a rear speaker). But it’s a really good unit. Prolly better than OEM sync
Sponsored