Sponsored

Has anyone owned a car enough where ceramic coating needed replacement or wore off?

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
So, I'm about to pull the trigger on having my car clear bra'd (front) and coated.

One question I have and never seem to quite get an answer around is what happens after the "warranty" is up? Is it just like wax where it becomes less effective and needs reapplication? Does it need to be stripped off somehow prior to reapplication? What if that brand is no longer available, can you just coat with a new one or are there issues of mixing brands? What about decals?

Since I plan on keeping the car, I don't want to have something crop up later that I might regret by being a little lazy and not just doing the regular wax/polish route versus coating.
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
From what I understand after much research, coatings like Cquartz, Opti coat are just like a more resilient version of your factory clear coat. It will be much, much less maintenance, but theres still some involved.

For instance, I am getting CQuartz Finest. Coating lasts for 2 years, but with proper washing method, at least a yearly coating of CarPro Reload, I am expecting to last for many years to come. Claying your car is never necessary with the coating. The most youll have to do, depending on your usage, is Iron X, and application of carpro reload. Since the car will be garaged and used once a week(if Im lucky), I only expect to do this once every year or two.