Sponsored

Has anyone noticed these rear letters on shelbystore.com?

Which do you prefer

• Stock: No letters on the GT350

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • 2007-2014 letter option on the GT350

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • 2015-2017 letter option on the GT350

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I liked the lettering on the S197 GT500s that I owned. Don't see a need for it on the S550 GT350 though.

That said, go for it if it's what you like.
Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Is this what Carroll would want? I guess if people will pay to play barbie doll w their mustang, then take their money. Looks "stylish" but could come across as boy racer trying too hard.
Would Carroll more likely grab a body in white or used auction car cheap to strip down and figure out what could be made lighter and add power?
4130 cage/frame replacing mostly gutted unibody(preserve min mounting points), k member, rear subframe, oil/trans/diff coolers, gut interior, seats w 6 points, removable glass windows, net mounts, low/rear mount quick spool TT (750-800rwhp fine), 305 square for dangerous oversteer, air or hydraulic 20mm low speed lift so rich peeps can street their track car, etc... $80-100k
Anyone at Shelby run track days in a Mustang?
carroll-shelby-gt1.jpg

shelby-gt-1-rear.jpg

:shrug:

Fair enough...
Carroll understood business, branding and making money on his legacy.
He also understood modifying cars and racing.

Shelby Co report card:
Branding: ?TBD
Modding: ?TBD

I respect Carroll, just asking if Shelby Co has diluted/marginalized the brand. Look at the GTE, how many people tracking mustangs would buy and track one? 0. Why? Cause the first $18k wont help anyone turn faster laps. (Technically you might get 20hp for $18k)

Google Shelby GTE for sale
Nothing says sucker like GTE: thats industry opinion, not mine. This is what the "new" Shelby brand represents by their own efforts.

Carroll could put together a group of guys, and they would create a unified package of their skills so they ALL could make money. Their output was COMPETITIVE #1 and had value for its performance, not for some stickers.
Mad respect for Carroll, but he didnt build a business, brand, or legacy with plastic letters or stickers alone.
I would feel like an arse selling chrome plated plastic lettering as being worthy of Carroll's legacy; I respect your opinion that I am an arse for providing an honest opinion in response to an enthusiast forum post seeking feedback on "SHELBY" product marketing.
The GTE is nothing new under the Shelby American line of cars and is a smart move for a business. It brings in people who can't drop an extra 40k+ on a GT350, Super Snake, Terlingua etc. and gets them into the Shelby family of cars at a relatively low price. They have always had an entry level package that was nothing more than FRPP parts and styling cues.

First, you had the Shelby GT (Above) which was nothing more than the FRPP power pack, handling pack some GTB mufflers I believe and a hood scoop for an extra 10k. The only thing that is different than the GT and the GTE is the fact that the GTE is a post title Shelby vs. a pre titled Shelby. Then you had the GTS which followed for the 11-14 model years and now you have the GTE. You also have to realize that with how close the relationship between Shelby American and Ford is they can only go so far with their cars before they step on the toes of Ford. Heck, from my understanding, they had to call the GTE what it is because Ford told Shelby that they were going to be using the GT name so they couldn't call this car the GT.

The GTE makes perfect sense and if all you see is a car with an extra +20 HP then I believe you are missing the point of car itself. You get about 10-11k worth of parts. You have the Shelby hood with CF heat extraction vents, grill, front splitter, wheels/tires, side skirts, wing, stripes, badges, Embroidered seats, FRPP Power Pack, FRPP handling pack, FRPP Catback Exhaust and entry into the Shelby Database. From there you can then build it up to include what you want and what you don't want about a Shelby. Do you want a 4 point roll bar with a 5 point harness, CC plates, 2 piece Brembo race brakes, with a high capacity cooling system but with no supercharger? You can do that, try doing that with a Terlingua or a Super Snake because you won't be able to. If you can't afford the Terlingua or the Super Snake at the time or a supercharger or whatever other options come on the GTE then you can build your way towards what you want when you have the money to do and have it all documented in the Shelby database.

OP
OP
Puffin

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
carroll-shelby-gt1.jpg

shelby-gt-1-rear.jpg

:shrug:

The GTE is nothing new under the Shelby American line of cars and is a smart move for a business. It brings in people who can't drop an extra 40k+ on a GT350, Super Snake, Terlingua etc. and gets them into the Shelby family of cars at a relatively low price. They have always had an entry level package that was nothing more than FRPP parts and styling cues.

First, you had the Shelby GT (Above) which was nothing more than the FRPP power pack, handling pack some GTB mufflers I believe and a hood scoop for an extra 10k. The only thing that is different than the GT and the GTE is the fact that the GTE is a post title Shelby vs. a pre titled Shelby. Then you had the GTS which followed for the 11-14 model years and now you have the GTE. You also have to realize that with how close the relationship between Shelby American and Ford is they can only go so far with their cars before they step on the toes of Ford. Heck, from my understanding, they had to call the GTE what it is because Ford told Shelby that they were going to be using the GT name so they couldn't call this car the GT.

The GTE makes perfect sense and if all you see is a car with an extra +20 HP then I believe you are missing the point of car itself. You get about 10-11k worth of parts. You have the Shelby hood with CF heat extraction vents, grill, front splitter, wheels/tires, side skirts, wing, stripes, badges, Embroidered seats, FRPP Power Pack, FRPP handling pack, FRPP Catback Exhaust and entry into the Shelby Database. From there you can then build it up to include what you want and what you don't want about a Shelby. Do you want a 4 point roll bar with a 5 point harness, CC plates, 2 piece Brembo race brakes, with a high capacity cooling system but with no supercharger? You can do that, try doing that with a Terlingua or a Super Snake because you won't be able to. If you can't afford the Terlingua or the Super Snake at the time or a supercharger or whatever other options come on the GTE then you can build your way towards what you want when you have the money to do and have it all documented in the Shelby database.
:clap2:
Sponsored