Sponsored

Has anyone installed the standard 2018 gauge cluster in a 2015-2017? (Includes digital speedometer)

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
FORscan is unable to update speedometer on 18 and 19 clusters.
Have been trying for a couple days and contacted the forscan team, gave them my logs and was informed it's not possible since the security in those clusters have changed. They are going to change the wording in the build notes to show that only 15-17 year models can the odometer write be used.
if installing an analog 18 cluster into a 15-17 and you change the vin to your 15-17 model would you be able to modify the odometer now or is it something in the 18 clusters programming that prevents it ? have read posts saying it can be done but wondering if anyone has actually done it. plan on trying it when mine comes in but just curious if someone already has tried changing the vin first and then programming the odo.
Sponsored

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
if installing an analog 18 cluster into a 15-17 and you change the vin to your 15-17 model would you be able to modify the odometer now or is it something in the 18 clusters programming that prevents it ? have read posts saying it can be done but wondering if anyone has actually done it. plan on trying it when mine comes in but just curious if someone already has tried changing the vin first and then programming the odo.
I tried it both ways.
It fails a security check when trying to write the odometer.

Nothing VIN related.
after messing with it for a few days i decided to just pay the $89 and sent it to odo-pro to get done.
Mine is a 19 cluster but I assume it's the same on 18 as well

Reactions: WOZ

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
does anyone know if the 2018 400a package included my color or if there is a way to tell by part number of the cluster if it has my color ?

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I love that feature and have the digital speedo on all the time to help with speeding. Much easier to quickly read 49 than looking quickly at the analog gauge.

Sponsored

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From my understanding all clusters have it. Just need to have all the equipment to have it work. My 2019 cluster came from a wrecked 2019 that did not have the ambient lighting package and the gauges did not change colors. Once installed on mine the my color gauges were available. Like I said, from my understanding all gauge cluster have the ability but I may be wrong.

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
From my understanding all clusters have it. Just need to have all the equipment to have it work. My 2019 cluster came from a wrecked 2019 that did not have the ambient lighting package and the gauges did not change colors. Once installed on mine the my color gauges were available. Like I said, from my understanding all gauge cluster have the ability but I may be wrong.
15-17 I believe you need the premium cluster to turn on mycolor ....ordered the 18 cluster but I guess I'll just have to see if it works when I plug it in. Thanks

ev0rn0ss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I think y'all are missing the bit where OP is asking about the standard 2018+ cluster, which allows you to show your speed in the LCD in the center. Not the digital cluster.

IMG_6462.jpg
Can I ask where you got those red light rings inside the cluster? They look pretty cool, can you change the color?

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can I ask where you got those red light rings inside the cluster? They look pretty cool, can you change the color?
Those are on the 18'/19' base clusters. It's a option on the my color. They can be turned off or change the color independent of the gauge cluster. It's called "Halo" in the my color settings. Just noticed it on 19 cluster this weekend.

ev0rn0ss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Those are on the 18'/19' base clusters. It's a option on the my color. They can be turned off or change the color independent of the gauge cluster. It's called "Halo" in the my color settings. Just noticed it on 19 cluster this weekend.
Oh ok, didnā€™t know it was stock. Wish my ā€˜16 would have that haha, looks pretty cool. Thanks for clarifying!

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
does anyone know if the 2018 400a package included my color or if there is a way to tell by part number of the cluster if it has my color ?
My color is included in 301a and up.

buzz-dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Installed a 2018 analog cluster in my 15 GT PP lately. It gave me some headaches at first. Odometer could not be adjusted though forscan says it can be done on a 2018+ cluster. Turned out that you really have to use the latest build of forscan for success. I was able to change the odo just fine after updating my software.
I then tried to use the AsBuilt from my old cluster on the new one which partially worked. Had to adjust it a bit to get rid of Auto Highbeams and turn on the regular high beam tell tail. Exhaust modes had to be deactivated, Drive modes needed enabling. My distance to empty would show garbage values around 4000mi. I got it all worked out but one thing:

I can't get the Cross Traffic Alert Messages to display on the cluster.

Untitled3-e1530636814836-300x200.png

CTA itself is working though. I have it enabled in the driver assist menu. It activates and deactivates fine, the amber LEDs in the mirrors are indicating on startup. I have 0 DTC. When cross traffic is approaching, the mirror LED on the respective side starts flashing like they're supposed to, but the cluster is not sounding the alarm chime nor is it displaying the "Traffic from the left / Right" message.

Any of you guys who successfuly installed have any idea? I double checked my AsBuilt, all the obvious bits are turned on I think.
Could somebody share their AsBuilt with functional CTA? @p6cl @Chris227?

Thanks a bunch for your help

Last edited:

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a 2018 analog cluster in my 15 GT PP lately. It gave me some headaches at first. Odometer could not be adjusted though forscan says it can be done on a 2018+ cluster. Turned out that you really have to use the latest build of forscan for success. I was able to change the odo just fine after updating my software.
I then tried to use the AsBuilt from my old cluster on the new one which partially worked. Had to adjust it a bit to get rid of Auto Highbeams and turn on the regular high beam tell tail. Exhaust modes had to be deactivated, Drive modes needed enabling. My distance to empty would show garbage values around 4000mi. I got it all worked out but one thing:

I can't get the Cross Traffic Alert Messages to display on the cluster.

Untitled3-e1530636814836-300x200.png

CTA itself is working though. I have it enabled in the driver assist menu. It activates and deactivates fine, the amber LEDs in the mirrors are indicating on startup. I have 0 DTC. When cross traffic is approaching, the mirror LED on the respective side starts flashing like they're supposed to, but the cluster is not sounding the alarm chime nor is it displaying the "Traffic from the left / Right" message.

Any of you guys who successfuly installed have any idea? I double checked my AsBuilt, all the obvious bits are turned on I think.
Could somebody share their AsBuilt with functional CTA? @p6cl @Chris227?

Thanks a bunch for your help
Not sure on the CTA, I do not have that on my Mustang.
I learned most of what I needed on the actual Forscan forum.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
What part of Texas are you in? My friend has supercharged 2016 400A GTPP that he us in the middle of auto swapping and he already got a 2016 auto cluster off ebay and took it to the shop doing the swap but I'm thinking about getting him a 2018/9 cluster as a present so he can have the higher redline tach and more gauge options.
Sponsored