Sponsored

Has anyone installed the standard 2018 gauge cluster in a 2015-2017? (Includes digital speedometer)

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have a supercharger so I made the vacuum gauge a boost gauge and I have blind spot with cross traffic. I have a loaded mustang so I changed according to the asbuilt changes for the different options I have. Heated Cooled seats and Heated Steering wheel for the remote start that shows in the cluster for options. Does this help what I mean?
Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Can I ask what as built data you had to change and how you got the odometer to match?
since your replacing with the analog cluster I would bet the as built data would be the same as your current cluster. I wouldn't be suprised if you can save your as built from old ipc, install cluster and reload saved ipc as built. you can now adjust the odometer with latest version of forscan(increase milage only).

OP
OP
law242

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
sweet I didn't know I could adjust the odo reading, so just find one with less mileage than my current reading?

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
sweet I didn't know I could adjust the odo reading, so just find one with less mileage than my current reading?
yep try to find one with lower milage so it should be fairly easy since it needs to come from 2018 and going in pre-2018. latest forscan version was recently released so it's fairly new feature in forscan for the mustangs to adjust odometer.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....my analog speedo in my car is never accurate.....
1. Why is it never accurate?
2. Why do you think a digital speedo will be more accurate?

Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
The Analog speedo is still technically mechanical, I am not sure how these work, but the newer speedos I have worked with use stepper motors, the board technically converts a digital signal to an analog output based on the input it moves the needle so there are slight variations from stepper motor to stepper motor, also the calibration of the weight of the needle causes some lag as well.

The Digital gauge would technically give you a more accurate reading than the analog with the same input information. However if the data is not good coming in, then the display is going to be wrong either way, the old axiom, "Garbage in Garbage out" really applies here

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
I have found the analog speedo and now the digital speedo in my new digital Dash to be accurate when comparing to gps. What I found to be inaccurate is the speedometer pid through the odb port. I have found it to be 2 mph off.

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
yep try to find one with lower milage so it should be fairly easy since it needs to come from 2018 and going in pre-2018. latest forscan version was recently released so it's fairly new feature in forscan for the mustangs to adjust odometer.
FORscan is unable to update speedometer on 18 and 19 clusters.
Have been trying for a couple days and contacted the forscan team, gave them my logs and was informed it's not possible since the security in those clusters have changed. They are going to change the wording in the build notes to show that only 15-17 year models can the odometer write be used.

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I tried out a 2018 Analog in my 2016 and was able to program asbuilt and everything works like stock. Nice having the Speedometer in the Middle. I prefer the LCD one but this is a lot cheaper. eBay just had one in the last week for $165 ish buy-it-now.
please forgive me if there is a more detailed thread out already but i have been searching for days and this is the closest ive found. i have a base 16 gt and have little experience with forscan (upgraded to sync 3 and activated toggles). would like to swap for an anolog 18 cluster. hoping this would give me my color and the digital speedo. just really not sure what i would have to change in as built and would i have to redo the toggle activation ? also ive read the steering wheel buttons on the 18 are different. would i need to swap those and program them also ? sorry for asking so many questions but any help would be really appreciated. thanks

Sponsored

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped mine with a 19 cluster and all I did was flash my as built data back to the new cluster and made the changes for the speedo to show. Did have to flash a couple other modules with my as built to stop errors in forscan for traffic's sensors or something like that. My car doesn't have collision avoidance or adaptive cruise control. It's really simple actually. I just got mine back today from odo-pro who corrected the odometer.

Reactions: WOZ

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I swapped mine with a 19 cluster and all I did was flash my as built data back to the new cluster and made the changes for the speedo to show. Did have to flash a couple other modules with my as built to stop errors in forscan for traffic's sensors or something like that. My car doesn't have collision avoidance or adaptive cruise control. It's really simple actually. I just got mine back today from odo-pro who corrected the odometer.
thanks. i appreciate the help. sounds like it might not be too bad. when you flashed your as built did you just save a certain part of your old as built and flash it ? also wondering if there is a section in forscan to toggle digital speedo on/off or if you have to manually change a certain module ?

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks. i appreciate the help. sounds like it might not be too bad. when you flashed your as built did you just save a certain part of your old as built and flash it ? also wondering if there is a section in forscan to toggle digital speedo on/off or if you have to manually change a certain module ?
I just flashed the modules with my stock as built. Changed what I needed afterwards. The speedo will show up as soon as you plug it in. Once you flash as built data you will have to change it to show up in forscan. If you click the IPC tab. Not the IPC as built. it has toggles to click and change your settings instead of changing a number in a hex line. I'm new to all this as well. I swapped my cluster 3 days into buying my car. Ran it a few days untill I realized forscan would not let me change the odometer. Gonna reinstall it Friday so I can drive mine to get the mileage to match what I had them add.

WOZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
@thewolf5.0
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just flashed the modules with my stock as built. Changed what I needed afterwards. The speedo will show up as soon as you plug it in. Once you flash as built data you will have to change it to show up in forscan. If you click the IPC tab. Not the IPC as built. it has toggles to click and change your settings instead of changing a number in a hex line. I'm new to all this as well. I swapped my cluster 3 days into buying my car. Ran it a few days untill I realized forscan would not let me change the odometer. Gonna reinstall it Friday so I can drive mine to get the mileage to match what I had them add.
thanks for all the help. really appreciate it.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There is a website that changes odo readings for $89. That is what I did on my 350 cluster when I swapped it into my GT.
Sponsored