Sponsored

Has anyone installed a Rockford Fosgate DSR1?

DBak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Just an FYI. If you remove the factory amp, all warning chimes and backup sensor beeps will come through the speaker in the speedo cluster and not through the stereo. Yes there is a speaker in the speedo gauge as a backup. If the car detects that the OEM amp is no longer on the can bus it sends those chimes there and if you do a scan for trouble codes, you'll see a message about it.

I don't have my factory amp in the car anymore and it works just fine this way.
I'm curious about this... I just installed the DSR1 and amps in my 2019 Mustang. The sound is great! I'm having an issue with popping in the left front speaker, but I think it's a wiring issue, but that's not why I'm replying.

The warning chimes are REALLY loud. I thought I'd ask here... has anyone been able to adjust the volume of the warning chimes after removing the factory amp and replacing with aftermarket amps?

As far as the output wiring, I followed everything except using the one set of output wires labelled Center Channel. Like I said, the music sounds great, but I'm sure after I tune it some more (ran out of time) it will sound even better.
Sponsored